[Resolved] LG 3d LED 42lm6690 Television (TV) — Croma Stores - Damaged LG 3D LED 42 inch TV - Complaint no. RNA[protected] and RNA[protected]
- I purchased two LG 3D LED 42LM6690 Television (TV) of approximately 1 lakh each via separate invoices on 20 February 2013 from Croma Stores located at Oberoi Mall, Goregaon, Mumbai under a discount scheme.
- I received the delivery of both LG LED TV’s and one LED TV out of two was installed immediately on delivery.
- For installation of another LED TV, I specifically requested customer representative (Mr. Mousin) at Croma stores that we would require installation and demonstration services of LG’s technician only in mid-April 2013 for the reason of some renovation work was under progress and they agreed to my request.
- However, due to unfortunate death of my grandfather on 28 March 2013 and subsequent customary ritual ceremonies, we could not complete our scheduled renovation work in mid-April 2013 and the same was postponed for early May 2013.
- Finally, after completion of renovation of my house, I requested Croma to send LG technicians for installing the TV and on 5 May 2013 Mr. Ravi (Cell no. [protected]) came for installation services. Important to note that LG TV set in packed and sealed packaging was first time opened by Ravi himself for installation.
- When Ravi (LG Technician), broke the sealed packing of LG TV, to the surprise of all o[censored]s TV was cracked and scratched at the extreme right-hand side of the LED panel.
- One can understand that anyone who has spend substantial amount (approx Rs. 1,00,000) on purchase of a TV will in any circumstances will keep it in a very safe place and protect it from any damage. Moreover, TV is not such a soft object that it can broke down by light pressure. The way TV was damaged, it is likely that it has broken at LG’s Godown due to pressure of some heavy object and carelessness of Godown keepers or the delivery boys has broken it due to mis-handling during delivery.
- Please note that the box in which TV was packed was absolutely fresh with not scratches or cut marks on it. Infact the TV was properly packed in the thermo coal packing (which is used for saving the delicate products from damage while in transit) and even there were no scratches on that thermo coal packing. And only the LG technician unsealed the TV box.
- Distressed and worried with the thought of facing such heavy loss, I contacted Croma representative, Mousin and his manager Saurabh – cell no. [protected] and explained all the facts to them and basis the authenticity of my case, Croma escalated the matter to LG representatives.
- Subsequent to the request, representative of LG and Croma came to my residence for verifying the condition of TV and for taking inputs. They also clicked the photograph’s of the TV and package box of TV.
- After several follow ups, I was finally informed that my request for replacement has been rejected by LG without issuing any report and assigning any reason, which is completely unacceptable, ridiculous and outrageous.
- I again contacted LG team for replacement request however all in vain and their negligence and ignorance of genuine facts has provoked me to raise the compliant at Consumer Forum.
- I purchased such an expensive TV, that too from an world-wide famous brand, thinking that my life will actually become good [tag ling of LG – Life’s good, which is completely non-sense], however this act of LG has completely deceived my trust on LG brand. It is better to buy cheaper TV for some local brand instead wasting such substantial amount of money in lakhs just for the sake of LG brand.
- It is my humble request to please consider the my request at the earliest and order LG to take necessary steps to indemnify me from such monetary loss as well as emotional loss. (Damaged LG 3D LED 42 inch TV - Complaint no. RNA[protected] and RNA[protected].
Complaint marked as Resolved Aug 13, 2020