Uber India — being grossly overcharged for a drop to the airport

Asha Kamath on Jan 24, 2018
I booked a uber cab from indiranagar to kempegowda airport yesterday at around 6.30 am. The fare showed 786.00.

I reached the airport but i was having an issue with my internet so could not see the fare. I asked to see fare on drivers screen, it was 1220.00 i was stunned. Driver said it was due to surge pricing. And without my net working, i had no other option but to pay.

As soon as i got inside the airport the net got connected and fare was 782.00. After checking in, i opened the app and wrote a complaint. I gave the driver one star and asked for refund.

It's 24 hours, no response.

[Jan 24, 2018] Uber India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Updated by Asha Kamath, Jan 23, 2018
This morning, i took a uber from indiranagar 2 nd stage to kempe gowda airport. The fare shown was 787.00 approximately. I boarded the cab around 6.45. I was having some issue about the internet on mobile.

I reached the airport, my uber screen would not come up so i asked the driver. He showed the amount on his screen was 1220.00. I asked him why from 787 its gone up so much, he said surge pricing.. I went inside the terminal, checked in and then connected to the airport wifi, my fare was 782.00.

I immediately sat down and wrote a complaint. Had i been in bangalore, i would have gone to the police station for sure. This guy must be having such a record for sure. I need refund of the excess amount. I hope you take this as thieving.
Complaint comments  1 Comment     Updated: Share0Tweet0Share0

Comments

I have lodged complaint about the Uber driver Suresh who ripped me off yesterday morning. Till now no response from Uber, means they think it's OK with them.

Uber India - being grossly overcharged for a drop to the airport