Uber India — driver refusing to come and pick up

This has referance to my complaint dated 23.12.2017. The complaint is not yet resolved. Dissatisfied with the non-response i have not availed the service for next 2 months.

The subsequent uber trip was on 06.03.2018 from my home at thykoodam at 12.54 pm to chakkaraparambu at 01.08 pm. According to your mail now sent to me, the fair to be collected is only rs. 40.80. But the driver of the vehicle collected rs. 103/- from me stating that the charge billed for that trip was rs 103, which included rs. 63 on account of the cancellation charges in respect of the saturday tour stated in your mail.

The saturday tour under consideration refers to my requisition made on 23.12.2017 early morning for a trip to # airport. On contacting the driver concerned after considerable time of booking, he refused to come to pick me up stating that he has some inconvenience and that i may cancel the request and make fresh booking. After considerable delay, i had no other go but to cancel the request and make alternative arrangement to proceed to the aerodrome. Hence i made the complaint to you on the same day. I am not satisfied with your reply then sent.

It will be seen that the extra charge of rs 63 collected from me on account of the "cancellation charges" is not yet waived or adjusted in your future billing. If at all any cancellation charge is payable, it should be levied from the concerned driver who refused to come on 23.12.2017 in response to my call.

K. Ramachandran

[Mar 19, 2018] Uber India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Complaint comments  1 CommentShareTweet

Comments

On 01/03/2018, I booked Uber cab on share. The booking was confirmed by the cab and I waited for 15 mins. The driver cancelled the booking and the cancellation fee is reflecting on me. This is the second time I am facing this issue from this cab provider.
We cant able to reach them by phone as we do for the other providers.

Uber India