UPES is not refunding the admission fees. Notice already sent. No progress thereafter.
INTERNATIONAL CONSUMER RIGHTS PROTECTION COUNCIL
B-9/55, Vijay Nagari, P.O. Kasarvadavali, Thane (West) 400601 INDIA
Telephone:[protected], E-mail: [protected]@sify.com
Cell: [protected], Website: www.icrpc.org
The Chairman / Director
University of Petroleum & Energy Studies
A-1, Kailash Colony
New Delhi 110048
NOTICE BEFORE TAKING ACTION AGAINST YOU
We have received a complaint against you form the father, Mr. Milind Wakharkar (Tel:[protected], of your consumer Mr. Mihir Wakharkar, that states as follows:
1) You have mentioned in your information bulletin that students who withdraw their admission 60 days before the commencement of the course will be eligible for 75% refund of fees.
2) The student
Mr. Mihir was withdrawn from the B. Tech. – Aerosopace Engineering wiell within 60 days before the commencement of the course.
3) When the consumer asked for refund of the 75% fees, you denied refund.
4) You had given false promises at the time of admission and mislead the consumer. Hence, you have conducted Unfair Trade Practice under section 2 (r) of the Consumer Protection act, against which the consumer is well protected.
5) There is clear deficiency in your services due to which the consumer had suffered mentally and physically.
6) Due to non-refund, the consumer was prevented from taking admission elsewhere and his career is affected.
Under such circumstances, we request you to contact the consumer and refund the full amount to the consumer within 7 days after the receipt of this notice by you. Also pay compensation of Rs. 10, 000 to the consumer’s father for causing him losses, mental agony, harassment and career loss to his son.
If you fail to pay the above amounts within 7 days, we shall initiate severe action against you seeking a higher compensation of Rs. 50, 000 for losses, mental agony and harassment for the consumer and his family. All action will be at your costs and risks, which please note.