[Resolved] Volkswagen India — vento tdi post software update problems.

Gansham Gowda on Nov 20, 2017
We own a 2012 volkswagen vento 1.6 cr mt comfortline car with registration number ka-41-p-6121. Vin number : wvwf12605ct052530.

Was a very happy customer of vw with the car performing admirably well for so many years with no major issues until the last service on 28 - july - 2017.

A software update was done to the car because of the emission issues (Diesel gate scandal of volkswagen) and it was just a software changes to the car and there won't be any performance issues. Believing in the service advisor's word i left the service centre.

While taking delivery of the car, there was considerable increase in engine noise levels of the car, there was more vibrations from the engine than what it was before, there was decrease in power of the car and some intermittent jerking of the car once in a while.

Promptly complained to the service advisor about the charge in behaviour of the car. Advisor said that the car needs time to get adjusted to the change in update and car would return to normal after few 100 kms.

But there was no decrease in engine noise nor vibrations as told by the advisor. Been to the service centre for another issue and asked about removing the software update as i was not happy with the difference in car's behaviour but my request was declined since volkswagen doesn't approve of update removal.

On 27 october 2017 i opted for volksfest that was going on in mysore road service centre, bangalore, the car was not found to have any issues as told by the service centre after volksfest intensive check up.

Now to the issue, my car has run around 5k kms, while traveling with family members in the car on 18th november 2017, night, all of a sudden the there was loss of power from the car with the engine check light on. Limped home which was quite nearby.
Called up the next 19-nov-2017 on mysore road service centre but was not answered as it was a sunday. Called on monday and was asked to bring it to service centre, limped to the service centre, service advisor told they need to scan the car for issues and told that they would call back with the results of the scan.

After scanning advisor says one of the injector is malfunctioning and needs to be replaced and other than that there is no issues. Reason for malfunctioning is faulty diesel. Now my question to volkswagen is if there is problem in fuel why will only 1 injector fail...?

After so many years of good performance by my car which was refueled in the same bunk all these years why suddenly the issue with injector so close after the issue...?

Volkswagen is trying to dupe people into thinking that there is no problem with their software update but we know clearly that is not the case, and there are numerous issues after the software update, not only in india but all over the world, with complaints about -

Reduced power
Increased engine noise
Egr valve failures
Injector failures
Dpf filter blockages
Reduced mpg / fuel efficiency.

To mask the short comings of your mistakes and inefficiency you're taking your loyal customers for a ride...?

Didn't expect this from such reputed brand like yours.

Now what else is this than quite clear erosion of trust that we had in volkswagen...?
Complaint marked as Resolved Jan 9, 2018

[Nov 20, 2017] Volkswagen India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Updated by Gansham Gowda, Nov 21, 2017
The Software update was done at Palace Cross, Rajajinagar, Bangalore.
Updated by Gansham Gowda, Nov 22, 2017
Software update was done at PALACE CROSS RAJAJINAGAR service centre ( not Mysore road service centre ), Bangalore on 28- July-2017 with the Assurance that there won't be any changes in Engine performance or noise. But all that turned out to be false Assurance s ( Should I say PROMISES considering the HUGE REPUTATION that your company had and the TRUST I had in your BRAND ).

Performance is down, increase in Engine noise levels, increase in vibrations, intermittent/random jerking, everything turned out to be Bad after the Software Update.

I brought the car for all the GOOD reasons it came with and the BLIND FAITH I had in VOLKSWAGEN BADGE it came with but UNFORTUNATELY is not the car it was before.

I was very UNHAPPY with the Software update and requested to revert back to the old version but was declined. I even offered to give them in writing that I wanted the old version back but was denied saying that they're not authorised to revert the update once done.

It was Volkswagen's inefficiency to control Emissions which caused all the problems is facing now. To rectify that mistake you offered to install Software update and now I am facing the consequences.

What was my mistake in this...?

TRUSTING VOLKSWAGEN...?
Volkswagen India Customer Care's response, Dec 09, 2017
Dear Sir/Ma’am,

Greetings from Volkswagen Passenger cars!

We value your association with our brand, and appreciate the time you have invested in sharing your feedback.

We understand your query has been resolved and addressed by our dealer partner, request you to kindly mark it as resolved on the consumer forum website.

In case there are any queries un addressed, please feel free to contact us at[protected] or write to us on [email protected]

We thank you for being our valuable customer.

Assuring you our best services always.

Yours’ Sincerely,

Customer Care
Volkswagen Passenger Cars India

For Enquiries/ Complaints[protected]
For Road Side Assistance[protected] /[protected]
E-mail [email protected]
Website www.volkswagen.co.in

Comments

We are facing exactly the same problem... Have you got any solution or assistance from Volkswagen??
Gansham Gowda's [Complaint's author] reply, Nov 23, 2017
I have just written to VW, didn't get response yet... I think that we need to take it up in a big way...

Maybe team-bhp people can help with this issue.
Same here from a Kolkata based owner. Car was top notch then software was upgraded and the injectors failed TWICE. Car is now sitting in garage.

DEALER OSL Kolkata REFUSED TO PROVIDE SCAN REPORT. VW CUSTOMER CARE DIDN'T RESPOND WHEN I COMPLAINED ABOUT THE DEALER.

What is OSL Exclusive + VW India hiding post the software upgrade?
Hi all Vivek here from Bangalore and facing the similar kind of a problem. Mine is 2015 polo 1.5 tdi. Since the software upgrade the car has lost most of its power and sounds more worse than tractor, the engine knocks as if its gonna fall from the car. Complete jerking issues, lots of unwanted vibrations creeping into the cabin.
Already planning to go to consumer court regarding this, if anybody wants to join thr fight then feel free to communicate with me or ping a message here in the forum. I guess volkswagen is playing a child's game here with Indian consumers.

+91 22 3313 7000 [Corp Office]
    4th Floor, Silver Utopia, Cardinal Gracious Road, Chakala, Andheri East, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India - 400099
    Volkswagen India - vento tdi post software update problems.