[Resolved] Zoom Car — charged wrongly for excess kms and recovery notice issued

Bengaluru, Bangalore District, Karnataka, India
 Rohitn911 on Mar 14, 2019
This is wrt booking id JPS64BFWG
I had booked a xuv500 without fuel for a goa trip
I believe it was a zap subscribe car so had picked the car from roadside not from a hub where in there is no person to verify the condition of the vehicle it was very dirty so had a go for a car wash initially.
Bangalore to goa is approx 550kms
Free kms provided by zoomcar was 1550 kms has kept buffer so that by any chance excess kms shouldnt come into picture.
It was a two day trip and returned the car back to bangalore so obviously drove the car way less than 1500kms
In a day or two received a mail from zoomcar stating i have drove the car excess kms and my pending due amount is ₹22932.
I was shocked as this cannot be possible by any means as zoomcar charges ₹11/km for xuv so it means i drove roughly 2000kms extra which means my total trip duration is 3500kms+ which is not possible.
I dropped a mail to [email protected] stating all the problems wherein i asked them to track the path covered by the car and measure the distance as these are gps fitted vehicles. I received a ticket case id for the same but there was no reply as the fault was from there end.
When i called the customer support my number never went through and the call got disconnected before reaching a executive wherein i could address the problem or rather i should say the fraud zoomcar had done with me.
After a few days they started mailing me recovery notices which mentioned if i didnt pay criminal proceedings would done against me which is pathetic.
I never expected a brand of this stature would cheat customers just to earn a few extra bucks.
When i visited this forum to raise a complain found that i am not the only one this fraud company has done the same with n number of people.
Zoomcar forget growing, in this competitive startup environment if this how you treat your customers or rather do wrong with people its just a matter of time you guys will fadeaway.
Complaint marked as Resolved Apr 18, 2019

[Mar 14, 2019] Zoom Car customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Zoom Car Customer Care's response, Mar 18, 2019
Hello Rohit,

Greetings!

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused during your reservation.

Based on the escalation raised we did check on the charges levied on the booking. Upon checking, we found that the charges levied on the booking was not valid. Hence, we have reversed the excess kilometer charges levied on the booking.

Once again we are sorry for the trouble caused. In case you need any further details, please send us an email at [email protected] We shall have a check and we will revert with an update.

Sowmya

Zoom Car - charged wrongly for excess kms and recovery notice issued