[Resolved] Zoom Car — contesting incorrect damage charges

Vignesh Annamalai on Jun 25, 2019
This is regarding booking id jps6bq7nn
I rented a brezza on the 24th of april and the engine was getting heated repeatedly. I called the zoomcar executives and mentioned this problem - they asked me to switch off the engine for 10 minutes and resume driving. I did the same, and i was not even driving continuously for long for before that.
But the engine got heated up again and the car broke down. Zoomcar asked me to pay 10k and said that once the issue is resolved, the amount wil be refunded. But in a few days time, they slap a fine of 102962 extra!
And they say it was for excess usage, which never happened. When talking to zoomcar executives, they say that if no complaint is registered at the time of pickup, the car is assumed to be in perfect condition.
My question is, how do you expect a customer to check cooling system of a car? The car was faulty, the engine got heated again and again and even the zoomcar executives asked me to resume driving after 10 minutes! And now i'm being slapped a fine of 1 lakh for doing what the executives asked me to
This is complete fraud. What was i expected to do?
Complaint marked as Resolved Jul 28, 2019

[Jun 25, 2019] Zoom Car customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Zoom Car Customer Care's response, Jun 25, 2019
Hello Vignesh,

Greetings!

We are sorry to know that there is a discrepancy in the charges. We did check the booking and see that one of our executives reached out to you and shared an update in regard to the charges levied on the booking.

Kindly note, the charges are levied post the internal assessment of the vehicle. As the charges are valid, we will not be able to reverse/alter the charges.

Appachu