[Resolved] Zoom Car — falsely charged

Bangalore South, Karnataka, India
 Injeel Ahmed on Sep 20, 2019
I booked a zoomcar few days back and met with an accident because of which the whole rear windshield was damaged. Right after the accident i notified zoomcar about it and i was told that i will be temporarily charged rs.10, 000 which will be updated as soon as i reach the zoomcar station and the inspection is done. After inspection i was told that only the rear windshield is damaged and i will have to pay the charges as per zoomcar policy. I read the policy and it says the damage charges for verna's rear windshield is rs.4000.
But i have been charged rs.10, 000.
Since i paid security deposit of rs.3000 while booking and i was supposed to get back rs.3000 for the fuel, zoomcar is asking for rs.4000 now.
But instead i should get rs.2000 from them now because i was supposed to get rs.6000 back refund (Deposit + fuel) and damage charges (Rs.4000 as per policy).

The mistake they did was they applied the temporary charges of rs.10, 000 on me and then added the actual charges of rs.4000 and later instead of removing the temporary charge applied earlier, they removed the actual damage charges and asking for rs.10, 000

I have mailed them 10-15 times, after mailing them 5 times i get 1 response and then again no follow up. I have call recordings too, they said they will contact me in 24 hours but i got no call from them. Now they have sent me a recovery notice. I used to really love zoomcar support but this experience had changed everything. I have not seen such pathetic support system.

I tried explaining them many times but they are not getting the point. They have no explanation of the damage charges, they simply say it is applied as per the policy but again their policy itself says the charges should be rs.4000 then why i have been charged rs.10, 000? No answer to that.

I mailed them thrice asking for the charges breakdown, but got no response from them. I have all the proofs and call recordings.

Complaint marked as Resolved Sep 21, 2019
After multiple mails and calls, one of the executive finally understood the issue. I talked with 5-6 executives and all of them were not even trying to understand what I was saying. They kept on giving me their robotic replies.

I suggest everyone, whenever there is any kind of issue with the zoomcar, don't forget to record all calls and try to resolve query through mail so that you will have all the evidence with you.

[Sep 20, 2019] Zoom Car customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Updated by Injeel Ahmed, Sep 20, 2019
In the attached screenshot we can see that they applied Rs.10000 twice and then also added the charges as per policy which is Rs.4000 but then instead of taking back the temporary charges ( Rs.10, 000 + Rs.10, 000 ) and asking for the actual damage charge which is Rs.4000, they removed Rs.14, 000 ( one temporary + actual charge ) and asking for Rs.10, 000. Since I was supposed to get back Rs.6000 ( deposit + fuel ), currently they are asking for Rs.4000. But they should actually give back Rs.2000 to me after deducting Rs.4000 ( actual damage charge as per policy ) from my refund amount ( Rs.6000 = deposit + fuel )

I asked them to explain me the summary details too but they simply read out what's written instead of giving me the actual reason.

Zoom Car Customer Care's response, Sep 20, 2019
Hello Injeel,

Greetings!

We are sorry to know that there is a discrepancy in the charges, please share the booking ID for us to have the issue checked.

Appachu
Zoomcar
Updated by Injeel Ahmed, Sep 21, 2019
Finally after 15 days Zoomcar accepted that it was their mistake. I had my worst experience with the Zoomcar customer support.
The worst part of the whole experience was that the customer executives were trying to illogically justify the false charges. They were not even listening to what I was trying to explain.
I still have hopes with Zoomcar, please train your executives to properly listen to the customer and try to understand their issue instead of giving robotic replies.
Zoom Car Customer Care's response, Sep 22, 2019
Hello Injeel,

Thank you for notifying us. We are sorry for the disappointment caused, we will surely have this checked and take necessary action.

Ramya. S