Zoom Car — incorrect damage charges levied
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
Amamitnrathi on Jun 25, 2019
This is regarding booking id jps6bvkv
We rented a electric car e20 dash on the 17th of april, the car was not in good condition in terms of cleaniness and already damages were there in the car for which as instructed we took the videos and pictures of exterior and interior and filled the checklist. We called the customer care about the cleanliness and they apologized but could not do anything about it, we had to visit a place so we took a pinch of salt and went ahead as we were already getting late. We returned the car ahead of time by 6 pm though it was booked until 10 pm and the executive there verified the car for a good 5 mins and then said we are good to go. The next day i got an email from zoomcar that i need to pay 40rs extra for extra mileage which i ackowledged, however yesterday (I. E. Apr 24th 2019) i got an email from zoomcar that i need to pay 10, 000 rs extra for a damage, no details of the damage were shared and i thought it is an mistake with their system and asked to to validate and they came back to me within 3 hrs in the night (2am to 5am ist) that they are valid, i told them that the charges are not valid and asked them please atleast share what damages you are projecting and claiming for since no email or communication was done with me on this. They came back saying a underchasis of the vechicle was damaged during my trip and when asked to share a picture they shared some under the car picture with us. We asked them how did they know that they happened during the took the trip and they said they got to know this after inspection of the vehcile after my trip, which we dont agree since nothing happened during our trip and then executive asked me to prove by sharing pictures before i took the trip. My question is, how do you expect a customer to do the under the car inspection, we are no mechanics to do that and no instruction are given by zoomcar that we need to take under the car pictures also.
When we asked if they can show us images or inspection report which they have done prior to we taking the trip, they didnt had an answer for it. This is really bad from zoomcar to levy charges which customer has never done and it looks more like a fraud, they are asking us to pay the outstanding amount within 7 days if not they will charge 18% interest and then will file a case. What is expected to be done here?
* if damage was there, why have we received message which says there is only 40rs outstanding the next day
* requested for the images with time stamp for damage but those are not provided yet, just one picture which doesnt have timestamp and some under the car picture
* damage is reported after 7 days of dropping the car
* no investigation proof provided from zoomcar side. I asked for previous inspection report with images prior to my booking and they say they cannot provide
* also, no damage charges listed on their website (Please find attached image) for e2o dash car which was rented for this reservation. How would any customer know how fair is their charges, if they really had damaged he car
[Jun 25, 2019] Zoom Car customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
|Add a Comment||Share0Tweet0|