Zoom Car — unfair business practice

Bengaluru, Bangalore District, Karnataka, India
 vickram111 on Jun 11, 2019

I booked for a self drive car from one of their depot through their app, since that was the only way to go about. On booking and paying for the car, I was asked to pick the car from a location which was around 8 kms away, in spite of multiple cars being available at the Zoom car depot. Nonetheless I reached the location with great difficulty and collected the car.

I booked the car from 1pm to next day 4pm. However due to unavoidable circumstances I had to extend the car usage and same was communicated to the Contact center staff of Zoom Car. They also confirmed that there will be a total penalty of INR 1, 500 to which I agreed. Now to my dismay, I've been charged INR 4, 000 under various cost break up, which is not acceptable. I wish to highlight 2 main concerns here:

1) Why was I made to run around to collect the car, spite of choosing a particular location. Moreover there were plenty of cars in the depot, yet I was forced to collect the car from an unfamiliar location.

2) When I tried to extend the usage time, I kept getting message that somebody else has booked the car. Strangely exact same model car was available at the pick up/ drop off location for past 2 days untouched. All I can say is that Zoom car is resorting to cheap practice to cheat customer and make extra money.

I'm happy to pay the extra amount, which was communicated over the phone. But request your assistance to in getting my remaining deposit amount back from Zoom Car.

Rgds

Vickram

[Jun 16, 2019] Zoom Car customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Zoom Car Customer Care's response, Jun 19, 2019
Hello Vickram,

Greetings!

Please accept our sincere apologies for the trouble that you had to go through, and we are sorry if there is any discrepancy in the charges. Kindly share the booking ID to have a check and assist you with the same.

Regard