Hathway Cable & Datacom Pvt Ltd, Bangalore, India - Cable TV operator bullies customer while placing a request for including a channel into the default channels

revathir
Hathway cable TV operators in Kundalahalli, bangalore charge 1000Rs-1500Rs deposit and Rs.250+ monthly for providing standard cable services. When customer requests to consider adding a popular channel to the basic band, rather than taking the request back to the office and considering it based on popular demand, the operator bluntly tells the customer 'This is what we will provide. If you want keep it, else disconnect your cable'.. This is a total harassment from the cable TV operators as they are aware that consumer is heavily dependant upon the cable services. Can somebody suggest what can be done in such circumstances please. How do we get to know whether there are alternate cable operators in the same area?

Comments

cable charges - Local cable operator

Hi all,

I am resident of Hadapsar, Pune. I moved to this place around 3 months ago. The local cable operator charged me 1500/- as cable installation charges and 350/- as the montly rent. I just want to check if this amount is what we are expected to pay for the cable TV?

I guess in Bangalore the charges are Rs 200/- PM & in Mumbai its 250/- PM. does this amount varies from city to city?

Please suggest....

This is not an isolated instance. Here at Vadodara (Gujarat) it happens almost every time the network fails. The customer care service here is just useless notwithstanding that they have about FOUR Tele lines and SIX Mobile Nos to cater for customer care services. It is not easy to contact the Tech Service. The tele-bells keep ringing. Even if they lift the telephone, the most common explanation would be that 'Hamara sab theek hai. There may be some hardware problem in your computer. Get your computer checked.' And god forgive if you try contacting on Mobile you will repent, the call recipient, leaving all courtesy behind, would blast - 'First you tell me who the hell gave you this number?'

My ip address is 60.243.175.x . I have been using this service since from 15 days. whatever said above is absolutely true. and i appreciate that he pointed this mistake, But who cares by writing here. However company is not worried about this issue, they are almost cheaters...
prasad

poor customer service by hathway trichy - hathway datacom pvt ltd

I got the hathway internet connection on 11.1.08.Interupption in connectivity is regular and also the free downloading time between 11pm to 9am it goes off. When contacted the customer service Mr. Madan, Technical staff treating me as a beggar and asking me wait for the connection and it may be restored as per their conveniance as if he is doing me a favour of giving connection. Actually I paid the money in advance. Mr.Prem the business development executive, who gave a lot of promise including stay online forever facility is accusing others in the organisation for not supporting him and accusing me that I am disturbing him frequently. But the real sufferer is the poor customer like me. 24x7 customer service they promise but after 11pm they are not attending the phone. I committed a great mistake by opting hathway without visiting this site. Phone manners of the hathway staff is also very poor. Those reading this better go for some other company for their internet connection. Even if I give e-mail to the company feedback section it is not reaching them and returning with failed to deliver message. This information should help others before going for internet broadband. Thanks

WITHOUT REMINDER DISCOONECT LINE - ZEE TV INDIA LTD.

Respectd Sir
My Cell no is 9372858830.Last month from your customer care i had one reminder regarding my out standing bill.Immidiately i was went to the your service branch Nirala Bazar, Aurangabad & i was paid my bill.I got confirmation receipt from your branch.After one week i had call from your customer care representative & he said today i dispatch your bill which was paid by me but till date i have not received itemised bill from your end.
Now this time not a single reminder call from your end regarding my outstanding bill ammount or dispatchng my otstanding bill than how dare you my line diconnect from your end.It means your customer care is sleeping??? from tomorrow my conferance in matheran & my postpaid connection is disconnect.I had lost my business than who is responsible that??? I want to reply or call to me my alternate mob.no 9892879779 immidiately.Suppose you do not take a action against my complaint deffinately i will going to media.Reply soon.

Is there any forum where we can complain about the atrocities of Hathway cable?

Cable TV operator bullies customer while placing a request for including a cxhannel into the default channels - Hathway Cable & Datacom Pvt Ltd in bangalore

pmehani

It is the similar story with Hathway and their Cable operator in our area. I have also complained several times but the operator would not listen and threaten to disconnect the cable. Alternate cable operator of Hathway will not provide you the service as these guys have formed a cartel and are blackmailing consumers.

I have already written the complaint to Hathway and awaiting their response and in case I do not get a fair response I have made up my mind to approach TRAI, Consumer Court and other forums in this regard.

I suggest you also approach TRAI and MRTP Commission for this.

Prem
pmehani

YES, you can complain to

Mr. R. N. Choubey, Principal Advisor (B& CS)
Telecom Regulatory Authority of India
Mahanagar Doorsanchar Bhawan,
Jawahar Lal Nehru Marg, New Delhi-110 002
Tel. No.011-23221509 Fax No.011-23220442
E-mail : traicable@yahoo.co.in
Patrick

For the last 3 to 4 months Star Sports and ESPN has been disconnected reason I found out was that Hatway did not pay their subscription to these data providers.
For the last 4 days the following channels have been disconnected, HBO, CNN, ZEE Cafe, ZEE Studio, Carton networks,
Is Hatway broke or bankrupt, once upon a time Hatway was one of the best cable distrubutors, but now it seems there is something wrong, someone must be on a wild spree in Hatway
Can something be done??? and whom are we to contact for this corruption
Please write to ntune17@gmail.com
D
Patrick

Hathway Bangalore Office at Sree Complex 4th floor 73 St John's Road Bangalore 560 042 gives 3 telephone numbers 41226955, 41226956 and 41226957. Have tried several times to get the line, the first number keeps ringing with no response, the second two numbers are not found, after many tries, someone answered the first number and all she said was it is a house number and banged the phone down, by this one can see the service Hathway is providing.
Please advise

I agree with you people regarding the response from Hathway. It is really a bad experience with these people. I have been requesting to take thier box back from almost 4-5 months. The guys in our area (Indiranagar) always sir I am coming today, he never truerned up till today. I made him aprox 1000 calls. The reason for changing the service from Hathway to Airtel (before 3m months) was the same issue that Patrick said. Also the picture so bad and never clarified that issue. At home we used to alwasy restart the box for the problem and we became box operators for setting that issue right.

I have alos tried to the numbers listed by Patrick but all of them are saying, not found. Not sure what these guys are doing.

Can some one help me in finding the head office contact and phone numbers?

Om.

I took their set top box. Its card stopped working. When I contacted their service centre in Hyderabad, I was told that they would replace it free and told me to get the set to their office. I took it to the service centre and they demanded Rs. 600/-! The cost of the box is Rs. 1100/- only. I called their local head office. They do not even wish to listen to the complaint. I sent two emails to their head office and no reply.

Yeah Haathway sucks big time.

Murali
D Nov 25, 2012 by
joerhce

I am Joel from Bangalore (Basava Nagar) using Hathway for long time. from Sept'12 onwards my Cable guy started asking 250+ as a monthly rental. i tried to contact HO but no response. is anyone in Bangalore using Al-a-carte option with Hathway?. Is any one get moneyback once you surrender the STB to the Cable operator(They told to pay 500 back to me once i return the STB). paying 250 monthly for not watching many channels is a waste. any suggestions ?
N May 18, 2013 by
shivananda acharya

We have purchased and installed set top box from Chetan cable network at Kadrenahalli, padmanabhnagar, Bangalore in April 2013. We experienced frequent disturbances in voice and picture quality (breaking) we lodged several complain to our cable operator over phone but unattended except an assurance. From 17th May 2013 onwards many TV channels like Star, Zee, Suvarna etc are blocked but the operator not bother to reply to our calls.
Kindly confirm is it set top box problem or poor service by the cable operator
N Feb 20, 2014 by
HateBengaLOOru

The Hathway cable guy took installation charge and first month fee for a new cable TV connection from me nearly one week now. Just playing nasty, not giving connection at all. Though the other people (local) in the building got their connection all right. This is typical BengaLOOru public.