IRCTC website has wrong information - IRCTC
I have an issue that happened with Indian Railways (IR) last week and I wanted your advice on how to proceed on this issue.
1. I had a confirmed ticket in a train which starts from Yashwantpur going to Palghat in train 6527 which departs at 8PM from Yashwantpur.
2. As per the online website of Indian railways, the scheduled stop also includes Banaswadi where as per the website it was 9PM.
3. Yesterday morning I had called 139 also and they reconfirmed that there is a scheduled stop and I can board the train from banaswadi.
4. As that stop was convenient for me, I decided to take the train from Banaswadi.
5. This evening when I reached the station at 8.30PM, I was told by the duty station master that the train does not stop in this station.
6. The station master confirmed that he is aware of this issue and said that it is the railway HQ that has erred.
7. In spite of requesting him to stop the train for the scheduled one minute, he disallowed our request saying that is not possible.
My grandmother had passed away last week and I was going there to perform the last rites & due to this negligence of IR, i had to undergo trauma and mental agony. Now, I would want to take up this matter legally mainly to stop IR from providing such wrong information to the passengers and spoiling the country’s image. What do you recommend that I do?