[Resolved] Bajaj Allianz — overseas mediclaim policy

Pune, Pune District, Maharashtra, India
 Subrahmanyam G.V. on Jul 24, 2017
My wife and i have taken overseas mediclaim policies from may 08 to october 31, 2017, titled "travel times elite". On my policy i found unwarranted "exclusions" under "special terms and conditions". I raised objection on 18.05.17, giving further information and mentioning that i have been taking such policies for 25 years without such conditions and have not made a single claim so far. 77 days of the policy are already over but no answer to my objection in spite of repeated reminders. Also, policy headed "no medical within 30 days" — a condition which was not disclosed beforehand.
Complaint marked as Resolved Aug 26, 2017

[Jul 24, 2017] Bajaj Allianz customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Bajaj Allianz Customer Care's response, Jul 26, 2017
Hi Mr. Subrahmanyam,

We'll get this checked for you. Request you to send in your contact and policy number at [email protected] so that we can connect with you at the earliest.

Please mention Reference No.: BA – 1216 while writing in to us for further interactions.

Updated by Subrahmanyam G.V., Aug 07, 2017
Half the policy period is over. What if a contingency had arisen by this time? Is it so difficult to see that the "exclusions" were unwarranted and unjustified?
With this experience, I plan to shift my car insurance, where also I have not made any claim for decades, to some other more responsive company.

Comments

Gave the information. Surprising that their computer cannot connect past communications linked to the policy number. Still no reply to my objection after the policy has run for 80 days.
Bajaj Allianz Customer Care's response, Aug 2, 2017

Hi Mr. Subrahmanyam,

We are working towards your concern and will connect with you soon to assist.

Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
Problem not resolved. My objection still not answered. Two thirds of the policy period is already over!
How has the complaint been treated as "resolved"? Four months of the six month policy are over, but my objection to unwarranted and unjustified "exclusions " has still not been answered! I am left anxious and worrying about my position if a medical emergency actually arose.
Bajaj Allianz Customer Care's response, Sep 12, 2017

Hi Subrahmanyam,

We're looking into it on priority. Please be assured, we'll get in touch with you at the earliest to address your concern.

Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
I am yet to get a reply to my complaint from BajajAllianz, although five of the six months of the policy are over.. Is this not cheating the customer?
Bajaj Allianz Customer Care's response, Oct 9, 2017

Hi Subrahmanyam,

We'll get this checked internally and shall connect with you soon to share an update. Appreciate your cooperation in the meantime.

+91 20 3030 5858 [Customer Care]