[Resolved]  Axis Bank — Amount Deduction from RAC Account

Name: Shubha Vani S

I have 2 accounts with AXIS BANK. Accounts No. 1 which was my salary account & No. 2 which was an account created for reimbursements ONLY.

There was some amount creditted to 2nd account & there has been deduction from that without my knowledge nor any notifications from the Bank before deducting. On enquiring about the same at the branch (Vijayanagar - Bangalore) they said it was deducted because I did not maintain a minumum balance. But I have always maintained a minimum balance in Account No. 1 which is my primary account. When I stressed at this point the Bank representative said there could be some error in this & can be rectified if I visit my main branch which is located at Koramangala, Bangalore.

I have a year old baby & is not possible for me to make time to visit your branch all the way from Vijayanagar which is too far. The service should be catered at all branches regardless of where I hold my account.

Now coming to the issue, how can the bank deduct any amount from secondary account or whetever you call it, when I have minimum balance maintained at all times in my primary account? To make the matter worse, there is still some LIEN AMOUNT showing in my 2nd account. I am no way ready to make that payment & want the amount that was deducted previously to be creditted back.

Shubha