[Resolved] Central Bank Of India — Bank Lockers Robbery
Bank Lockers are no longer safe due to lack security arragements in banks. Bank need to seriously up grade their security systems and make sure that all branches are compliant to them.
On Nov 29 and 30th 2009, around 10 local thieves broken in the central bank of india branch of chirgaon and after cutting window using gas cutter. Thieves were able to cut 30 year old expired strong room gate using gas cutter and after that they cutted around 46 lockers and looted around 90 kg of gold with cash which seems to be running in crore and silver of around 100 kg+.
Police in chirgaon had clue and it seems that few bank personal are also involved. Police after lot pressure from local mla and minister does speed up things and cought few thieves and does recover the gold of around 87 KG. This is an unofficial news and what will be disclosed by the police is still to be seen.
Bank MD, visited chirgaon and ask the locker owners to wait till december 10th. They also agreed to compesate the locker owner fully. This is again a claim and creditibility of this assurance will be seen in coming few days.
Earlier Bank MD, does accepted security lapses in the bank which includes some very prelimaniry things
1. 30 year old strong room gate was expired in 2002 but bank does not get it replaced even after godrej company sent letter to them
2. There was no security guard in the bank for two years, despite the fact that bundelkhand is theft prone area.
3. There is no TV surveliiance in the bank
4. Alarming system was outdated and it could be easily taken over by cutting power supply
5. lockers operation were facilitated by a bank employee who is 4th grade employee. Generally it supposed to be bank manager or cashier.
With these minimal security measure missing in bank branches, I want ot know how many nationalized bank really have the secure bank lockers..
Complaint marked as Resolved Aug 14, 2020