[Resolved] Glen Glass Top Stove — Glass breaking several times
I am very much upset with Glen glass top gas stove-3 burner I purchased on 5/12/2011 for 7600/-. Very 1st day its glass got broken while cooking chapatti. When I complaint, your after sales people remarks surprised me, they say you cannot use wider Tawas on this stove, it will break. Did I buy this for show purpose? Finally first time they replaced glass free of cost, but with our first time experience really upset with this product , after that My wife was taking too much care on this stove , like not using one burner for not more than 30 minutes, not using 3 burner at time, feeling the temperature of glass every 10 minutes. But even after all these care the glass got broke again. Now your service people say I have to pay 1800/- for glass replacing, but I don't know really how many days it will last.
After putting the above complaint Geln offer me Glass changing for Rs-1000/- or 37%discount on their other stove, the following is my last and final reply the them. So please do not buy glen product and cheated. This product is a failure and you can see so many same customer complaints on the net.
Being 5 month experience with your stove & feedback from other customers on the net, it clearly indicates that putting 1 rupee on this product will be a foolish decision. Again more than money safety is important to me
I will return the stove to Nadilath G-mart, any of your employees dare to use this by replacing glass may use it and this will be a free gift from my side.
In your earlier mail you are reminding me about the warning sticker on the glass; I read it once the glass broken first time. If anybody read it before buying I am sure nobody will buy it. It shows that you have no confidence in your product. I think your production and R& D department is doing nothing to find out cause of the breakage. They are just trying to put elaborated sticker and escaping for their responsibilities. This stickers matter can be prepared by a legal advisor. From my experience there is a serious design fault with your product. You are just converted a normal stain less steel design to a glass top by changing the glass. I have seen glass top stove with a different burner, it gives gas flow only inward direction , height of the burner from glass is more, distance between burner and glass is more so heat dissipation to the glass can be reduced. Let your R &D team do some research on it rather than going on another big warning sticker on the glass top. Otherwise you can buy good known product from market and find how they make the design to overcome these problems.
I seriously doubts about you quality testing methods. I think in medium family gas stove may be used for 2 hrs continuously, that case you should have tested your stove at least 4 hrs. I think all of your stove will be breaking glass i[censored]sed for 4 Hrs
I am writing this long mail to flush out frustration on your product and my hard earn money loss. By writing this mail 40% of my anger is come down, remaining 60% I will flush by other communication Medias.
Sorry, I think you also getting frustrated with 100 of customer mail like this. But my advice stick on this company as customer care Manager, you can get best experience with bad product only.
Was this information helpful?
Aug 13, 2020Complaint marked as Resolved