[Resolved] Hp / Compaq Nx6120 — Defective piece - service not being given properly
Hp India is an UNSCRUPLOUS organisation which is duping consumers by selling defective products and then harrassing the customer when he/she logs in a service call.
Hi. I am Shalini - I purchased a compaq nx 6120 - BIG MISTAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I logged in the following complaints with the product which has conled off in barely 18 months.
I purchased a notebook COMPAQ nx6120 from M/S Zest in feburary 2006 (please refer to the attached performa invoice ). This machine came with a three year warranty.
I have the follwoing problems:
1) the screen flickers when the lid is pushed up or down - I have never seen something like this in any notebook so far.
2) The DVD drive does not read a DVD; only CD AND VCD - why is this so? Any settings to be changed/added?
3) Whenever I write a CD, the writer scratches it; so that it starts jumping when i put it into the car player or the audio system - why is this so? I have far too many damaged CDS because of this.
4) the RAM in my system was upgraded (at the time of purchase) to 512 and now I wish to double it i.e. make it 1 GB - can you help me in doing so? Is this possible in this machine to add more RAM???
5) Where is the nearest service centre of HP in Gurgaon ???? I live in Gurgaon and have been trying without success to contact an HP centre but none of the numbers I have work. The phones either keep ringing or are engaged - either ways I havent been able to contact a single HP executive for these problems which are plaguing me since july 2006.
I must point out that HP/COMPAQ seems to be reticeint in providing cutomer services; forcing customers to seek out small time computer shops for their problems. But when I purchased this machine with a three year warranty, I was assured of service. I have yet to see that.
I wish HP would list their service centres on the website making it easier for the consumer to find them. I have written a number of times on the website and finally recd this reply from V. Shekhar - for which I am very grateful to him.
I also am very unhappy with the way the sales executive of M/S Zest behaved with me after the sale was completed. Even the main dealer is most arrogant and rude and proved to be very unhelpful in providing service assistance of any sorts. I am wondering why HP has such dealers - merely to increase sales or to ruin their reputation?????
Now, I want to see whether this reponse is carried forward or will I be stuck with a three year warranty machine but nowhere to go to claim services for this warranty??????
Here I am writing to you again with a problem with services from the HP centre. My notebook has developed some problems :
1) the battery pack does not get charged - I have to run the notebook on power all the time.
2) The SD / MMC card reader slot is not working - it is not reading a card when its inserted in it.
3) The key pad needs to be cleaned out as some of the keys are not pressing properly.
I had logged in a complaint for the same on 6th sept -
hp case number on 6th sept 2007
Viju - 5.15 p.m. - [protected]
I was confirmed for an engineer visit after that -which did not happen.
I again complained on 5th oct - Amit - 11.30 p.m. 5th oct
Abhijit - has logged out my call. Vishal/ Gaurav / Surya
Again time was taken from me for an engineer's visit - I was made to wait needlessly on the day the engineer was to come - When I called Amit - he informed me that I should have given him my whole day's schedule so that the engineer could be arranged - " our engineers are busy" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is despite the fact that I had fixed a time slot with Amit for the engineer's visit- I want to know what does HP take the customer to be??????????????????????????????????
Mr. Shekhar this is getting ridiculous if every time I have to go through such nonsense everytime I have a complaint for servicing. What is this HP warranty for then???????????????????????????????????? Please give me a reply on this.
I have had MOST DISPPOINTING interactions on the phone with HP customer care executives, Mr. V Shekhar, Ms Meena Tutu, Mr. Smeek Dutta, etc etc.
I have finally logged in a complaint to the consumer forum which is an NGO looking out to help consumers with their grievances against BIG companies with TERRIBLE ATTITUDE & ZERO SERVITUDE.
I urge you all to log your complaints here as well.
Mr. Sunil Prakaash - [protected]@consumer.org.in
Or you can write to me as well [protected]@gmail.com and i will forward your complaints.
Believe me when I say that this works - I had put up a similar complaint against nokia and got not only a full refund but damages as well.
Was this information helpful?
Aug 13, 2020Complaint marked as Resolved