HP, Laser Jet 5200 — Deficiency in Product & Service
Dear HP Authorities,
I like to bring into your notice a serious issue with HP product since last more than 6 months.
1. We purchased a HP LaserJet 5200 printer vide invoice no. 1040 on 19 June 2007 from HP Reseller M/s Crystal Computers private Limited, Kota.
2. On the very day of installation of the printer it was found not printing well, same was observed by the installation engineer of M/s Crystal Computers & was reported to HP Service Centre for follow up the issue.
3. After initial examination of HP service engineer from M/s Kay Kay Softech, I was asked to purchase a new TONER CATRIDGE and try it with the printer. AS per him it was diagnosed to be TONER SUPPLIED with printer being defective & was also promised to get the ORIGINAL TONER replaced by HP subsequently.
4. Even after spending another 9,000/- Rs for a new TONER CATRIDGE the printer did not print well, while reporting this to HP authorized service centre a case was lodged by the service centre.
5. The case id’s for the printer in dispute are - 1st Case Id: [protected]-221 Dated 24/07/07, 2nd Case Id: [protected]-221 Dated 16/10/07
6. Above all activity happened with 10 days of installation of the printer.
7. After a follow up few more days HP Authorized service centre REPLACED THE FUSER ASSEMBLY of our this printer, but the results were still not positive.
8. Again after a few weeks later the SCANNER of our PRINTER was replaced by authorized HP Service Partner M/S Kay Kay SOftech, but still the problem remain with the printer.
9. Now after hundreds of calls & several hours of argument my printer was replaced under DOA on 08th September 2007 (DOA Letter attached)
10. Kindly note the printer was installed on 19th June 2007, and since this day me & my company was unable to take advantage of the cost invested for the printer despite of our huge investment of Rs. 57,000/- (48,000+9000 ; Printer + 1 additional Toner). In addition of this we have been facing mental agony with humiliation and this is the failure in service as well as the third grade product quality of the HP Laser Jet printers.
11. But, the story doesn’t end here. The new unit of laser jet 5200 received against DOA didn’t print well as well. The same problem was observed in the new unit as well.
12. While booking a case with HP again I was asked to use the TONER CATRIDGE of another TONER of a specific lot code, for which I had to write to M/s Ingram Micro and get the cartridge of the desired lot code, as advised by M/s Kay Kay Softech.
13. Anyway, I had sent my TONER to INGRAM on 17th September for which I received the replacement of TONER on 26th September.
14. While installing this SUGGESTED TONER in our DISPUTED LASER JET 5200, no improvement was observed & the same problem persist .
15. While observing this by the service engineer of HP (Kay Kay Softech Pvt Ltd, Kota), I requested these guys to kindly take up the matter on priority and take some serious action on the issue.
16. But never the less, no such action was taken, and rather I was once again asked after passing around 40 days to get the another SUGGESTED TONER cartridge with a different LOT CODE, once again from INGRAM JAIPUR.
17. Sir, I had sent again the TONER back to INGRAM on 20th November 2007, which I received back in first week of December 2007. And as usual this cartridge failed to give any improvement for the problem persisting.
My dear sir,
Today is 17th December 2007 & we purchased the printer on 19th June 2007. You can see 6 MONTHS have been passed without any solution to our problem, only experiment after experiment have been done on the above said printer.
At this moment we have ended up with following conclusions, which I feel is very important to be known with INDIA’s highest HP officials.
1. Write a CASE study and forward it to all our employees, business associates, clients with a request to forward it to all the e-groups & everyone in their contact list. This will increase the HP’s creditability along with SUDDEN JUMP in the market share of HP printers.
2. TO BLACKLIST THE HP from our vendor lists & keep HP away from the requirement of setting up a new expansion office with 50 desktops, 5 servers, MFD’s , SCANNERS & Laser Jets.
3. To sue HP INDIA to recover the cost of the product (Rs. 57,000/- (48,000+9000 ; Printer + 1 additional Toner). ) along with penalty of Rs. 5,00,000/- on the ground of deficiency in service & product with a cost of the business loss of Rs, 15,00,000/- on accounting of non-working of desired equipment paid in full.
Testing of patience of a customer for such a long time is going to pay high to HP this time.
I humbly request all of you to kindly forward this email to PRESIDENT, HP INDIA , so that he arranges for LOCKS for the HP INDIA offices, as this kind of service is going to land up HP in winding up its business during coming years.
|18 Comments Updated:||Share0Tweet0|