[Resolved]  Indigo Airlines — Broken Baggage and insulting behaviour of Indigo Airlines

I took an Indigo airlines flight from Mumbai to Lucknow on January 3, 2010 via flight no. 342 which departed from Mumbai at 1:45 PM. I checked in my bag at the baggage counter and proceeded to take the flight. When I landed in Lucknow, I found my bag handle was broken and the bag was torn. I brought this to the notice of the Indigo Airlines baggage personnel. I was made to wait for an hour and then was directed to their supervisor who told me that they would repair my bag if I left it with them. I refused to leave my baggage with all my belongings in it with them and they rudely told me that they wouldn't do anything. On asking for a fair compensation, I was told that the damage was worth Rs. 50 when it was much more than that. I asked the supervisor to tell me the person concerned whom I could talk to regarding this. The supervisor was rude and shouted on me that I was making it all up. I was accused of fabricating a story and no compensation given. They refused to apologize for their mistake and shouted on me.

This speaks about the kind of customer treatment that passengers receive from Indigo Airlines. The airlines should take action against the erring personnel and compensate me adequately for my loss.

Comments

I also have an unfortunate experience with Indigo flight HYD-NDLS taking off with the airplane in an unfit condition at 6 am and having to make an emergency landing at Nagpur within 15 minutes of flight. The experience post that was harrowing - Lies and delays is all that the passengers got. Finally I walked out of the airport in disgust at 2 pm and took a train back, an Indigo kept promising an alternate flight and then disappearing. Some passengers waited till 3 pm to travel onwards, others simply bought tickets and returned.

I think Indigo is a good airline for able-bodied without luggage commuters, not for the young/infirm or those with baggage, and certainly not for those with faint hearts - when things are going well, it is fine. When they aren't, pray to god, because Indigo has no backup systems in place.

With the demise of the full-service airlines like Kingfisher, India is lacking options for travel, and customers are at the mercy of these cheap carriers.
Recently I faced the same problem at Nagpur Airport while traveling from Kolkata by flight 6E404 (on 7th June2010). I have been carrying some fragile items in the bag and duly put a fragile sticker at the check-in counter. However, I was shocked to discover my bag in a disheveled state, with the trolley wheels broken at Nagpur Airport. I found a few bottled items broken inside, soiling all my clothes. I lodged a complaint with your staff at the airport. They collected the bag after 2 days and got the trolley repaired after 2 more days. However, I was advised to put a complaint on this site to claim for the damage of articles inside my bag, which I did, but the complaint bounced back every time, without any satisfactory reply or action from you. What is this? Is this mail id is a sham?

Thanking you,

Yours faithfully,

Dr. Kausik Chatterjee,
Mob: [protected]
R

Indigo Airlines — no refunds on no show

yesterday i missed my flight delhi-mumbai at 14:55 my booking id was - J8ILQJ there is refunds for no show..but when i canncelled my ticket i did not get any refund from it.

IndiGo Phone