IRCTC — Poor/substandard Catering in Shatabdi
I traveled as per details below:
PNR Train Coach/seat Date
[protected] 12003 C-8/20 and 21 29/5/13
[protected] 12034 C-2/64 01/06/13
The Catering was by Sunshine Caterers Pvt. Ltd.
1. Snacks provided were substandard. Mango drink was of local packaging ( Manpasand Agro Foods, Jaunpur) without any Mfg/Expiry date.
2. As against usual sandwich provided in snacks, on train 12003 Rs. 5/- Namkeen packet was given. and in train number 12034 a Rs.2/- BUN was given.
3. SAMOSAS were the staple snack on both the trains without any manufacturer name/date of manufacturing/Expiry date and were soggy with stale potato stuffing.
4. Milk Powder (local brand without date of expiry - curdled during tea making)./ Tea bag of local brand Mohni tea , again without mfg./expiry. / No availability of Coffee sachet/ as against two tea bags, two milk powder sachets and two sugar sachets , only ONE each was given, making it impossible to have tea.
5. Insufficient crockery / plastic ups for tea/ Thermos for hot water for tea... making them ask back the same from the passengers mid meals, and serving without proper washing/cleaning to another passengers.
6. TTE on duty/ Guards were informed and rather than providing complaint book, they argued alongwith catering manager that nothing is going to happen.
7. I even called Sunshine Caterers Pvt. Ltd and sent SMS Complaint too on their numbers [protected]/[protected]/[protected] but they behaved rudely and did not reply to SMS.
Cal details can be checked from my mobile [protected] to their numbers for 1 June 2013.
308 Maa hathi Matha Apartment
133/162 O Block Near KESA Office Kidwainagar