[Resolved] Singer India — very poor service
Kind Attn: Administration Consumer Court.
I am facing harassment from Singer Company. I purchased a Singer Sewing Machine around a month back and even after regular follow-up, no one came for demo, rather talking very rudely. Detail of the issue since purchase to till date is highlighted below
1. I visited IITF Trade Fair on 16th of November 2009 to Pragati Maidan, Bhagwan Das Road New Delhi. There on the singer stall I booked a sewing machine No.8280 by depositing Rs 100/- and the no of my booking was 5806.
2. On 25th of November i was called up that my machine will be delivered on 26th of November 2009.
3. And accordingly on 26th November 2009, the machine was delivered to me and I paid Rs 6300/- to the person who delivered the machine to me. Bill No. 14412 Book No 289 Date[protected].
4. The delivery boy on 26th November assured me that the demo of the machine will be given to me within two days.
5. I waited till 29th November evening but no one turned up from Singer for demo. On 29th November evening, i called up at the Toll Free No [protected] to enquire about demo. The person on the phone line assured me that the demo will be given on 6th December.
6. I again waited till 6th December evening but no one turned up from Singer for demo and also there was no communication from Singer that some will come or not. On 6th December, i called up at the Toll Free No [protected] to enquire about demo. The person on the phone line gave me new date third time i.e. of 12th December.
7. I again waited till 12th December evening but this time also no one turned up from Singer for demo and also again there was no communication from Singer that some will come or not. On 12th December evening, i again called up at the Toll Free No [protected] to enquire about what is this going on. This time the person who attended the call was Mr. Mayank. He doesn't even have manners, how to talk to the customer. When i explained him whole episode (whatever happened so far), he again causally gave me new date of 18th December for the demo. When I asked what is the surety that someone will visit this time, he said, you have to wait only. On this I said, I don't want your demo and machine any more. Please arrange to get back this machine and also keep Rs 6400/- which i paid so far. On this he happily said, you come and return the machine on your own, we have our office in Laxmi Nagar.
8. After getting frustrated from Mr. Mayank, on 12th December evening itself, i mailed to M/s Singer to Alpana Sarna at [protected]@singerindia.net and also send on-line feedback again detailing my whole experience.
9. On 15th December, I received a call from[protected] assuring me that demo will be given on 18th December now for sure. They reconfirmed my address too.
10. Anyhow, it’s not easy for me to go and return the machine, so i am again left with no choice except waiting for 18th and demo person. But the worst which can happen, this time also on 18th December no one visited for demo and no communication from M/s Singer that someone will come or not.
11. On 19th Evening, I called up at[protected] around 4pm to enquire what is going on. Someone told me that a person will come for demo today. When i said its already 4pm, when he will come then the person rudely replied " abhi pura din baaki hei, aap wait kihiye"
Till now date 20th December evening no one visited for demo. I am really harassed by M/s Singer personnel. Every time they gave me date which was of Sunday, despite that this is the only holiday we get, i didn’t plan any outside visit hoping someone will come for demo. Keeping this aside that no one visited, no one from Singer even had courtesy to inform customer about no show.
Please help me out; i really don’t know what the path forward is. And i don’t want this machine and i want refund of my money with interest.
Summary of Proofs,
1) Bill No. 14412,
2) Bill Book No. 289 (Date- 27th November 2009)
3) Singer phone number:[protected]
4) Fax :[protected]
5) email : [protected]@singerindia.net
6) Address on bill- Singer India Limited
A-26/4, 2nd Floor, Mohan Cooperative Industrial Estate, New Delhi.
Singer India Ltd. A-1/19,Lalita Park, Main Vikash Marg Laxmi Nagar New Delhi
1) Complainant Name-Advocate Mrs. Ritu Gupta
Address- House No- 77, Sector 18 A
Veer Awaas Dwarka New Delhi
Thanks & Regards,
Was this information helpful?
Aug 14, 2020Complaint marked as Resolved