[Resolved] Skoda Laura — constant problem with engine
Feb. 2, 2008
The President/Vice President/
Manager (Customer Care)
Skoda Auto India Private Ltd.
Plot No. A-1/1, Shendra
Five Star Industrial Area, MIDC
Aurangabad 431 201
We purchased SKODA OCTOVIA LAURA M/T Diesel Black from Commercial Auto, Noida (India) vide invoice no. Autostrada NA/06-07/199 dated 23.11.2006 (Engine No. BJB201387, Chasis No. TMBBSH1ZX6A 152269 having registration No. HR 10 J 9586 in the name of BDS Construction (P) Ltd. Please note that we are facing serious problems with the vehicle as below:
1. The above vehicle has started giving constant trouble within the period of six months only.
2. On 17th Sept. 2007, the vehicle stopped suddenly and there was oil leakage from the engine chamber.
3. On 19th Sept. 2007, we had sent the vehicle for repair to Commercial Auto, A-110, Sector 5, Noida (India).
4. Despite our repeated reminders and requests, we could get information from the concerned service manager that the engine of the vehicle is damaged.
5. The repaired vehicle was delivered completely after 40 days and only after our constant written/verbal reminders.
6. During the delivery of the vehicle, we were not provided by M/s. Commercial Auto Products (P) Ltd. about the details of repairs/damages and change of engine in writing to us.
7. Due to constant trouble with the very expensive vehicle, which is supposed to be used in the business purposes, there have been great losses/damages in our business. Further kindly note that on 22.1.2008 again we faced the same trouble in the vehicle. Subsequently, we approached M/s. Commercial Auto Products (P) Ltd., Noida. After very unfortunate treatment given by M/s. Commercial Auto, the vehicle was referred to M/s. Continental Automobiles, Opp. Sarita Vihar, New Delhi on 22.1.08 and till date, we do not know the fate of the vehicle.
8. Please note that the vehicle was suddenly stopped at the highway, which could have resulted into serious damages to the lives of the car passengers, who were travelling in the vehicle at that time.
9. Once again, we are without vehicle and suffering huge losses in our business.
10. Further, we do not know how long this vehicle will be working smoothly for our business purposes in future.
Therefore, we would request you to kindly replace the vehicle with a new one, as we do not want to make any further losses in our business. Otherwise, we shall be left with no option except filing a petition in the Consumer Court under Consumer Protection Act as well as Media/Press.
An early action / reply would be highly appreciated.
BDS Construction Pvt. Ltd.
Vidya Lok, T.P. Nagar
Meerut 250 002 (U.P.)
1. Commercial Auto Products (P) Ltd., Noida
2. Continental Motors, Opp. Sarita Vihar, New Delhi
3. Mr. Dilip Chenoy – Director General, Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM)
4. Western India Automobile Association
5. Assoiation of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (AIAM)
6. Federation of Indian Automobile Associations (FIAA)
7. The Automotive Research Association of India
8. Automobile Association of Southern India
Complaint marked as Resolved 2020-08-13 23:50:52
|Add a Comment||Share0Tweet0|