[Resolved]  Fedex — Non-delivery of package which is already 3 weeks overdue

I had a shipment booked from the US to Mumbai, India via Fedex with priority shipping. Tracking number is :[protected]

The package was supposed to be delivered by 09th Oct but I still haven’t received it. The package has already arrived in Mumbai on 10th Oct but there has been no further movement and no estimated date of delivery. I have contacted Fedex Customer care but the only reply I receive is “we have told our team to expedite the process”.

I have to travel next week and require the package before I go, Pls have the Fedex team contact me and arrange to deliver the package asap.
Complaint marked as Resolved Nov 7, 2020
I continued to get no updates regarding delivery of my package and was told that it is delayed due to some shifting of the warehouses at the airport and proper management of the parcels was not being done. I finally had to personally visit the Fedex office twice in the airport customs area to get my package traced and cleared by customs. My package was finally delivered yesterday but now a new issue is that they have charged me excessive customs duty, almost 90% of the cost of the package. Following up on that matter now and will raise a fresh complaint if not resolved.

[Oct 30, 2020] FedEx customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
FedEx Customer Care's response Nov 02, 2020 Dear Customer,

We have forwarded your concern to our team and we will get back to you with an update.

FedEx Express
Updated by trivisingh Nov 02, 2020 I have already called FedEx customer support quite a many times but they always give me a standard reply and keep me waiting. Please escalate the matter to the highest urgency and give a concrete date / solution to my issue.
Updated by trivisingh Nov 07, 2020 I have finally received the package so I am marking this complaint as resolved. But I have been charged excessive customs duty, almost 90% of the cost of the package. I am following up on that matter now, and will raise a new complaint regarding same if it is not resolved.
Complaint comments  1 Comment     Updated: ShareTweet

Comments

Fedex personnel in Hyderabad trying to extract money to deliver packages. package reached Hyderabad, says it was put on the vehicle to deliver but will not deliver for over five days now. Fedex says there is no money owed as all the duties and taxes are already paid. However, the Hyderabad Fedex personnel are trying to extract money as duties and taxes. Will not send any invoice or show what the money is for, but want hard cash.

FedEx
    FedEx Phone
    +91 22 2571 4444 [Customer Care]
    FedEx Address
    2nd Floor, West Wing, No. 15, 1st Main Road, 6th Cross, Gandhinagar, Bangalore, Karnataka, India - 560009