Godrej Properties — misleading & misguided information on current property litigation

I have recently booked an apartment in godrej air nxt, hoodi bangalore and i was told by the sales team that i would be handed over the sale agreement post 10% payment, however i requested them for a draft (Post 5% payment ~rs. 8.5 lacs) and upon reading of the draft i came across current litigations on air nxt, which was related to an sc/st land (Ptcl act 1978) and one other which they did not disclose in all the meeting we had before with the sales & crm team. Upon inquiring on the same they said that it's a minor issue and will be sorted out in a couple of months. However given the adverse implication which a ptcl act can have i. E according to the act, transfer of certain lands granted by the government to persons belonging to the scheduled castes and scheduled tribes in the state, is prohibited. Such property will be eventually acquired by the government and returned to the original owner without any compensation to the purchaser and moreover the act is retrospective in nature, we were not sure if we would want to take this risk of investing our hard-earned money with such big amount. Hence we requested them to refund our 5% payment (Since they did not disclose these facts to us). The information about the current litigation on the rera website was also old (Last updated in 2019). It's been 1.5 months now they just kept our matter dangling. Honestly godrej was our first choice as we totally relied on the brand but if brands like this are involved in duping innocent customers and it's a very sorry state we are in.

[Aug 04, 2020] Godrej Properties customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Godrej Properties Customer Care's response Aug 05, 2020
Dear Sonal,

Our team is already in touch with you and the issues are being addressed. In case you need any further assistance, we are available on [protected].

Team Godrej Properties
Updated by Singhsonal Aug 05, 2020
Dear Sir/Mam,

They informed me over email that my entire Amount (5% ~Rs. 8.5 lacs) is forfeited. Is this a right practice?

I am currently based out o[censored]SA and trusting Godrej Brand I wanted to invest in Godrej Properties, but this whole incidence has been really disappointing.

They should have informed about the whole story on current litigation, but the case details on RERA website is also old.

CRM team did not even shared the legal document in spite of asking again and again.

I am attaching screen shot of email I received from Godrej CRM team, for your reference.

Request you to kindly look into this.

Sonal

Updated by Singhsonal Aug 05, 2020
Dear Sir/Mam,

The property was booked in me and my spouse's name (Vishal Saraogi). His email is Vishal.[protected]@gmail.com.

I can share a lot more details if needed.

Sonal
Complaint comments  Add a Comment     Updated: ShareTweet

Godrej Properties Phone
    Godrej Properties Address
    Godrej Bhavan, 4th Floor, 4A Home Street, Fort, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India - 400001