[Resolved]  HDFC Bank — credit card issued without consent & fees deducted

On 19 dec 2018 i received email that credit card has been dispatched by courier. I immediately sent an email to hdfc mentioning that i had not applied any credit card & do not want the same. I wrote the bank mentioning that i would not accept any liability, whatsoever.
Lot of email exchanges took place with the bank & myself. I was also called by hdfc staff to write an email mentioning that i had made a request for credit card by mistake, else, his job could be at stake. I declined & did not write such email.
To my surprise i was informed that rs. 1180/- was deducted from my sb a/c for membership fees & applicable taxes on 2-june 2019.
This is a case of harassment by hdfc bank & credit card section. Customers are being cheated by issuing such credit cards without their permission.
Complaint marked as Resolved Jul 5, 2019

[Jun 02, 2019] HDFC Bank customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
HDFC Bank Customer Care's response Jun 03, 2019
Dear Customer,

We have reviewed your comments expressed and you may look forward to receiving a response to your e-mail id in 7 working days. We request you to bear with us in the interim. The reference number for this interaction is[protected].

-Nadia
HDFC Bank Customer Assistance.
Complaint comments  Add a Comment     Updated: ShareTweet