[Resolved]  Idea Cellular — idea sim card deactivation

I had purchased an idea sim in august 2008, i was regularly using the number. After that in december i went outside india, and since it was roaming i couldnt receive the calls but i used to get message.in fact i had recharged for some amount for the account monthly.

Unfortunately since march my sim is deactivated and no prior information was given before disconnection. Now when i contacted the customer care, they told that my sim is deactivated and u will not able to activate. This was really disgusting. Since i was not given any information about the disconnection. I also lost my amount.

Well i feel that this step taken by idea is wrong, because i'll not get the number also the amount.
Number [protected]
Complaint marked as Resolved May 11, 2018

[Mar 07, 2018] Idea Cellular customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Updated by rohit kudale1 Mar 09, 2018 HI please update current status of my problem??
Updated by rohit kudale1 Mar 09, 2018 AS per following TRAI
regulatory guidelines, please find my comments[protected]>
(i) The mobile connections of prepaid consumers shall not be deactivated for any period of non-usage less than 90 days;
[protected]>"Sim deactivated within 25 to 30 days without any notice"

(ii) For the purpose o[censored]sage, a voice call/ video call (incoming or outgoing) or an outgoing SMS or a data usage or usage of Value Added Services, or payment of rental (in case of post paid connection) etc. shall definitely fall in the scope of activity, the service provider may prescribe any other activity as well;
[protected][protected]>"I have sent international msg on 10 feb and its deducted 25rs from idea providers "

(iii) There shall be no deactivation if the balance in prepaid consumer account is
Rs.20/- or more;
[protected][protected]>"more than 100rs balance present in sim"

(iv) An ‘Automatic Number Retention Scheme’ shall be implemented for prepaid
consumers on payment of reasonable charges;
[protected]>"Not allow to retention from any idea center"

(v) A consumer whose connection is deactivated shall be given a grace period of
15 days within which he can reactivate the same number;
[protected][protected]--->"I have tried multiple time in idea care and request to customer care"

AS per TRAI guidelines my sim number should not deactivated,
please take action towards request .
Please update current status and activate my sim number as soon as possible.
Its stuck my net banking operations.

If needs more information please contact on below,
EMAIL ID - [protected]@gmail.com
Idea Cellular Customer Care's response Mar 12, 2018 Dear Customer,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. As per our record, the mentioned number has been inactive due to non usage. Hence, we request you to visit to the nearest My Idea Store to check for the number availability. If the mentioned number is available, we'll surely assist you with the same and provide us the screenshot along with the complete details of the recharge done from your end within 90 days from the date of disconnection to assist you further.

Refer to the below given link for the nearest My IDea Store,

Lavina
Updated by rohit kudale1 Mar 12, 2018 Hello,
Thank you for respond to my request.
I had checked in My idea store but number availability is not found and I have checked last recharge history but could not able to find in mobile.

AS per above point(ii & iii),
I had attached screenshot, where i had sent successfully international SMS on 10 feb, which is 30 days before.
also charged something in jan month.

please find attachment and request you start my sim and also added SIM number.
Currently am facing so many challenges like bank transactions, aadhar activity and many more.

If needs any more information please contact on below,
EMAIL ID - [protected]@gmail.com

Idea Cellular Customer Care's response Mar 30, 2018 Dear Customer,

Apology for the inconvenience caused. Your case has been escalated to the concerned team and we'll get back to you at the earliest as & when we get an update.

Neha
Updated by rohit kudale1 Apr 04, 2018 Hi Neha,
I had loss in my business due to this problem.
Please take a necessary action as early as possible.
Complaint comments  1 CommentShareTweet

Comments

Today I reacharge with Rs 120, and I'm getting message (Dear Customer,
thank you for downloading Animation from Nazara.
You have been charged Rs. 100
Your balance is Rs. 20.52) that I'm charged for Rs100
I don't understand I'm not activated any service.
So refund my deducted amount.

Idea Cellular Customer Care's response, Mar 7, 2018
Dear Customer,
Apologise for the inconvenience caused. We request you to share us your Idea contact number, wherein problem persist. We shall get back to you at the earliest.
Lakshmi.