Idp Ielts — Fraudulent and Unethical Services

Gurgaon, Haryana, India
 tulisneha17

My name is Sneha Tuli. I and my husband had registered for a my IELTS exam on 10th of December via IDP India in Dehradun. I was going to travel from Vadodara and my husband was going to travel from USA and reach Dehradun on 9th Dec evening to give the test on 10th. Exactly a week before the exam we got an email stating our speaking test is scheduled for 9th of December at 12pm.

I emailed them stating that our tickets are already booked (I even shared a copy of our tickets) and requested a date/time change. We got a response back stating neither any change can be made or a refund can be provided. When I called them, I was informed it is mentioned in the point number 15 of ILETS Privacy Policy 28 point policy document that the speaking test date can be different.

I want to lodge a complain as this is a fraudulent action since test date is a very critical thing in any examination and candidates plan everything around the test date. While registering, it should be explicitly mentioned alongside the date we are registering that speaking test can be on other days (ideally a list of speaking test dates should be provided but if we forget that for now atleast it should be very clearly mentioned and brought into notice to the candidates that the speaking test date can be any other day). Mentioning in a a privacy policy terms and conditions that too at point number 15 in small alphabetical letters is a fraudulent action, since as again I would mention, for the candidates there is lots of planning around the test date and it should be clearly mentioned that the test date of a section can be different.

Now my exam registration fees has been wasted and on top of it I had booked my tickets for 9th December considering the exam on 10th December (tickets apparently were expensive since it is Friday). And there is absolutely no help from IELTS IDP to resolve this issue.

I am sharing 2 screenshots, one of the date registration page (where only one date is mentioned and there is no information regarding speaking test can be on any other day) and another screenshot of the privacy policy point number 15.

I have gone through lots of mental pressure and financial loss because of the lack for clarity and transparency by IDP and request a justice and also request a refund of my and my husband's examination fees for IELTS Exam we had registered on 10th Dec.

The ticket number raised for my complain with the IDP ILETS is Ticket#[protected]

Fraudulent and Unethical Services
Fraudulent and Unethical Services

[Dec 06, 2016] IDP IELTS customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Complaint comments  Add a CommentShare0Tweet0