[Resolved]  Indigo Airlines — indigo cancelled my refundable flight but not giving refund

Dear sir/madam,

I had booked an indigo flight from athens to mumbai. Following are the details of my booking:

Date of booking: 22 feb 2020

Date of travel: 18 may 2020

Pnr: [removed]

Refundability: fully refundable

Yesterday, indigo cancelled my flight. To compensate, they did the following:

1. Firstly, they charged me a hefty cancellation fee [rs. 12, 000 on a booking amount of rs.55, 000]

2. They didn't even issue a refund - they gave a credit shell to me which i am in no need of.

I understand indigo is issuing credit shells for bookings that have travel dates during government of india mandated lockdown. However, my travel date of 18 may 2020 clearly falls outside the lockdown period, and yet i am not being issued a proper refund.

When i complained, their staff is unnecessarily wasting my time by referring me to indigo's cancellation guidelines, which does not allow them to charge a hefty cancellation/not issue a proper refund to source credit card. I have sent them enough e-mails, messages on facebook/twitter, but to no avail.

I request a proper full refund to my source credit card for this booking.
Complaint marked as Resolved Apr 18, 2020

[Apr 17, 2020] IndiGo customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

IndiGo Phone