Jaypee Developers — project delay

11 Reviews
 Advocate Ashish Bhalla on Jul 4, 2019
I had made the payment to the builder and was guaranteed of project delivery on time. Now, the project is 5 years delayed. What should i do to get my money back? What is the legal process?

50% money paid in feb 19
Apr 26th is the completion date
Till march end - nothing happened

No one responds properly
Not ready for penalties
Not ready to refund money
Totally unprofessional company
I dont know why they keep signing up with customers.
Output is not that great. Pretty ordinary company. I strongly recommend people not to sign up with mygubbi. They should ideally close the company for this incapacity to deliver things. 100% cheating.
For last 2 weeks, they are still deciding whether they should refund my money or give penalty for all the delays. That means, they have no intention to pay single rupee.
6 times the dates are revised

Complaint Status

[Jul 04, 2019] Jaypee Developers customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Complaint comments  10 Comments     Updated: Share0Tweet0


In case a developer defaults, the lender would first start proceedings known as symbolic possession
The drill is that the lender would stick a notice on the project informing the public about the default
Consumer Protection Act gives end consumers certain rights against exploitation. A consumer can take help of this Act for claiming compensation in case of project delays
The builder is liable to refund the amount paid with interest (for the period of delay) if there has been a breach of contract.
If a person is buying an apartment for personal use, the buyer can file a case in the consumer dispute redressal commission at the district, state and national level, depending on the property value or amount of damage suffered. 
In case of delays, the customer is entitled to a refund along with interest and compensation from the builder
The builder can neither extend the date of possession unilaterally nor insist on allocating an alternate property to escape refund
A consumer or the property buyer must file his/her complaint within two years of the dispute arising, after which it becomes outdated
A written complaint can be filed before the District/State/National Consumer Forum depending on the expected amount of damage
Builder’s problems can’t justify delay and for this he is liable to pay a penalty and compensation. Default would attract penalty under both Consumer Protection Act and the Flat Act

Post your Comment

    I want to submit Complaint Positive Review Neutral Comment
    Your Rating (1 star is bad, 5 stars is good)
    Customer satisfaction rating
    #19, Jubilee Homes, TVS - Rayakotta, Krishnagiri Dt(T.N), Hosur, Tamil Nadu, India - 635110
    Jaypee Developers - project delay