[Resolved] MakeMyTrip India — check-in denied @hotel augusto - horrible experience

Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India
 Sandy636 on Aug 10, 2019
This is the email which i sent to makemytrip and oyo just 10-15 mins back.
My family (Mom and brother) is denied check-in @hotel augusto (Oyo 4009 hotel augusto). They are still standing outside the hotel as i am writing this email.
This is really utmost ridiculous experience i have ever had.
Unable to contact any live person on makemytrip numbers - [protected]/+[protected].
After long time i got into the chat with live agent and then chatted for almost 27 mins then they said will call within 30-45 mins but it's been close to 1.5 hr but still waiting for the call even after i explicitly provided 3 numbers - [protected]/[protected]/[protected].
Also talked with oyo on this but still no resolution. Hotel management in the conference with oyo clearly said that we are not accepting any prepaid booking because my payment is still pending since last 3+ months.
So, right now i have started another chat with makemytrip but it's been almost another 45 mins and still waiting for live agent in addition to waiting for the call. So, decided to write this email but still not sure if this will help to resolve this issue. Still my family is waiting outside in varanasi on the road (Current time: 9:40 pm ist). Police also came but still no resolution.
Complaint marked as Resolved 2019-10-01 07:53:46

[Aug 10, 2019] MakeMyTrip India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Updated by Sandy636 Aug 10, 2019
Booking ID # NH[protected]
PNR # [protected]
Updated by Sandy636 Aug 12, 2019
Not sure how you guys have closed this issue as I am still waiting for reply from MakemyTrip and OYO on below email. Sent to below email addresses - [protected]@makemytrip.com,
[protected]@makemytrip.com,
[protected]@oyorooms.com,
Bookings OYO Rooms <[protected]@oyorooms.com>,
[protected]@makemytrip.com,
ops.[protected]@makemytrip.com

Hi Makemytrip/OYO,

So, finally after waiting for 12+ hours I called you guys(Makemytrip) instead of you giving us a call back and only to hear "I am sorry there was some technical issue so we could not look in the issue but we are working on this now." Seriously, what you guys will do now when check-in was denied yesterday and we were stranded. Didn't you have any courtesy to call after 30-45 mins yesterday which you had committed? Forget about commitment for a moment and recall the word "HUMANITY" (which I think is somehow completely wiped out from your mind) and tell me why you guys did not call yesterday when it was made loud and clear from our side that check-in was denied and we are waiting outside the hotel.

If you have any issue with "OYO 4009 Hotel Augusto" then why don't you delist from your website or make it invisible to your customers until you resolve the issue internally.

We(customers) should not be facing any issues because of your internal dispute. In the conference, OYO customer representative did not utter a word except "Yes Sir" when hotel manger was bombarding with all the questions like it's been 3 months I did not get paid from you guys so I am denying all prepaid online customers. After hearing this I understood that definitely I am not the first customer who was denied at hotel but it would have happened with several others also.
I also asked both (Makemytrip and OYO) to connect with senior person but why this will happen? Not sure what privacy is involved that they cannot transfer to senior management. Please stop using this kind of jargons in terms of privacy, internal policy etc. If you cannot connect to the concerned senior person then please resolve the issues at your end.

And please try to categorize the issues based on nature of the criticality and not only based on first come first service. Like, if anybody's family is standing outside the hotel that automatically should become your utmost priority and should be ranked to the top of the your priority list, even in the case of change in shift as well, in comparison to the ticket(problem) who is merely waiting for refund etc. So, this time in this particular situation I took care of this on behalf of yours. We paid extra money and checked-in into a hotel during midnight which was 5 hours after this situation occurred. I am really sorry to say this but please try to do your job diligently.

Please take this kind of issue seriously and do not involve customers in this type of altercation.

I await your immediate response from both Makemytrip and OYO with detailed explanation.
MakeMyTrip India Customer Care's response Aug 31, 2019
Dear Sandy,
Apologies for the trouble caused to you

We're so sorry to hear that your experience with us was not as expected. We never want you to feel like you're stuck with a bad experience. Please share the booking ID so that we can assist you further. You may also share the E-mail address or the phone number which you used at the time of booking.

Team- MakeMyTrip Care

Comments

The same thing is happening to me
Can anyone help me out with this
I was having a limit of 2lakh which was given by mmt travel finance all this while I was booking my tickets from it
All of a sudden from today it is not showing anywhere in final booking page.
Kindly help me through this

Tower A, SP Infocity 243, Udyog Vihar, Phase 1, Gurgaon, Haryana, India - 122016
    MakeMyTrip India - check-in denied @hotel augusto - horrible experience