[Resolved] Motorola Solutions — Moto G2 Exploded

Bangalore South, Karnataka, India
 tanumoy on Apr 1, 2017
Hello Team

I have purchased Moto G2 in mid September, 2014 via Flipkart.
I have noticed that my phone's battery was draining out very fast due to which I took it in the Service Centre on 20th March, 2017:
Sri Sai Cells at Indiranagar 2nd Stage, Bagalore - 560038 (Contact - [protected] / [protected])
They have suggested that battery need to be replaced and I get it done from there by paying Rs. 1600.
On 30th March we were giving charge to the mobile and after 30 minutes it didn't increased from 0% to 1%.
Unfortunatly after another 15 minutes, the phone got exploded and caught fire which we tried to put off.
Next day i.e. on 31st March we have visited the same service centre and reported the issue, they have asked us to keep it with them as they will investigate on the same.
Today i.e. on 1st April, we got a call from service centre that battery and circuit is ok and only the back panel and screen display got affected due to the explosion.
They are asking me to pay Rs. 3800 for getting this fixed. Currently the mobile is with the service centre.

I do have a question to you that though the phone is not under warranty but does that mean it may get exploded any time and I am liable for this to pay to get it fixed when it didn't happen due to my fault.
Please do let me know on this.

Tanumoy Ghosh

IMEI No. [protected]

Raised a ticket in Motorola site: Ref No. #[protected]

Complaint marked as Resolved May 12, 2017
I have been in touch with several executives and support teams of Motorola who have reviewed the case and finally considered to provide me the replaced handset.

[Apr 03, 2017] Motorola Solutions customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Updated by tanumoy, May 12, 2017
Hi Everyone

After 1.5 months of being chasing and being in touch, finally Motorola has reviewed the case and considered to replace the handset with same variant and few gifts as well.

Comments

Hi am Omprakash Dekate from Nagpur, Maharashtra India, I Complain due to misbehave of the service center in Nagpur, I give my Moto g4 plus 3 month ago at date of 3/1/2017 and now a date of 31 March they can't gave my phone please tell us if they doesn't give my phone I Complain in consumer court please tell us to give my phone ..

Hi Tanumoy,

Your safety is our utmost concern. I can only hope this message finds you well. We'd like to get more information.
please send the following: name, phone number, email address, phone IMEI number and detailed description of what happened send us an email to [email protected]

Motorola Support
tanumoy's [Complaint's author] reply, Apr 8, 2017
I have dropped a mail to [email protected] with all the details that have been asked for on 8th April with mail subject "Moto G2 Exploded". It has already been over a week since the incident occurred and I want a speedy response from Motorola on this.

+91 12 4419 2000
    Motorola Excellence Centre, 415/2 Mehrauli-Gurgaon Road, Sector 14, Gurgaon, Haryana, India - 122001
    Motorola Solutions - Moto G2 Exploded