[Resolved] Oneassist Consumer Solutions — mobile insurance unethical repudiation of claim

707-708-709, Acme Plaza, Andheri – Kurla Road, Andheri (E, Mumbai, Mumbai City District, Maharashtra, India
 Ramaraghuiyer on May 9, 2019
I have purchased a new iphone (Rs 72000) from apple authorised store in new delhi, and with their recommendation purchased a highest level of protection plan (Paying a huge amount) my mobile phone from one assist consumer solutions.

Last year when i was late in the evening on the sides of the roads my phone was snatched away by goons. (In motor bike)

1, went to nearest police station for filing a complaint,
2. Called my husband and driver for help,
3. Next day informed one assist about the incident and filed a complaint.
(I think i called from my drivers number)
4. Blocked the sim with (Jio) and applied for a new sim got activated with in 72 hrs.
5. Changed all the passwords for my apps in lost phone (Though iphone is highly secured).

For next 40 days kept following up with one assist in providing every document they requested.
Mean while one assist sent a spare phone (Suppose to provide in 24 hrs)
After 8 weeks and several followups.

After almost 3 months they denied for my claims for the reasons i have not called them with in 72 hours (Which is not true) in spite of providing them with all documents, evidences and fir filed report.

Now i am asking them for my policy papers and (Which insurance company)
For which they have taken huge premium from me, so that i could escalate this genuine case.

Now they are threatening me that they will take legal action, for not returning the worthless (3000 rs worth) backup phone they had sent.

I would like to know as a consumer, if one assist is not an registered insurance company, how can they sell protection plans with out even providing the policy papers and term sheets to customers.

I am really surprised and shocked to see such unethical behaviours and business process.

I would like to escalate this case to any highest level for resolution, till i achieve to get my genuine claims.

Mail from one assist for your ref:

On mon, oct 29, 2018 at 4:25 pm oneassist wrote:

Dear mr. Raghuraman,

Greetings from oneassist!

This is the final reminder to intimate you that the courtesy handset which is the property of oneassist company is still in your possession and which was supposed to be returned back to oneassist.

Further please take a note that falling to return back the courtesy handset in next 7days will make you liable to face the legal consequence under ipc sec - 378 & sec - 379 from the company.

If you require any further assistance, write us on [protected]@oneassist.in or call us at[protected] or[protected].

Ashwini
Team oneassist

The fact of this case is i have been running poll to pillar to get the call records of my driver (From whose number i informed one assist) with airtel by about 40 mails in last 8 months i am yet to get a call record from them to prove my case.

Rama raghu iyer

Complaint marked as Resolved Jun 10, 2019

[May 10, 2019] OneAssist Consumer Solutions customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
OneAssist Consumer Solutions Customer Care's response, May 10, 2019
Dear Rama,

Greetings from OneAssist...!

We are sorry to hear about your experience and regret any inconvenience caused to you.

We have forwarded your details to our team and they will get in touch with you shortly for the same.

We appreciate your patience in the interim.

Team OneAssist

Comments

Very poor service by One Assist! This is atrocious and extremely unprofessional, unethical behavior. One Assist seems like a bogus insurance company. I’ll stay away from one assist in the future and will also ask my friends/family to stay away.
Ramaraghuiyer's [Complaint's author] reply, May 10, 2019
Thanks Gandeevan for your support.
Ramaraghuiyer's [Complaint's author] reply, May 11, 2019
Thanks Gandeevan
I have undergone such a mental trouble due to iressponsive unethical behaviour of oneassist.
Very sad to hear about your case with one bogus insurance.
First time I am hearing this name of insurance.
Thankyou for bring it to all our notice.
We all, in future, keep away from one assist insurance.
Better, you take this case to media for everybody's awareness.
From my side, I 'll ask my family and friends to keep away from this BOGUS (NO) ONE ASSIST insurance

Ramaraghuiyer's [Complaint's author] reply, May 11, 2019
This is certainly disconcerting. Insurance industry has to be service oriented and customer voice is critical. Such treatment of customers is condemnable. Understand one needs to be wary of false claims. But a genuine customer should never be harrassed under the garb of verification.

+91 80 8033 3333 [Customer Service]