Oyo Rooms — cheated by oyo in dubai. rooms not allotted even having confirmed vouchers
Prpravin z on Jan 8, 2019
1) i had booked 4 rooms for 8 adults in oyo 118 dallas hotel, dubai through booking.com vide confirmation no. [protected] for 31st dec-2018. The booking was made well in advance i. E. On 13th sept-2018 as 31st dec is peak day of the season and all hotels in dubai remains fully booked.
2) i received confirmation from booking.com vide confirmation no.[protected] (Annex-1). As per accepted terms and conditions, i was suppose to pay total 490 aed at the time of check-in.
3) on the same day, i received email from oyo that my booking is on hold and i have to make advance payment of 150 aed. I tried to make payment by clicking on “pay now”. However since payment link was not opening, i contacted oyo and asked for payment link. However oyo informed that since the booking is not made through them, they are unable to provide payment link. (Pl refer recording available with you).
4) i checked booking status on booking.com time to time and it was showing confirmed booking and payment to be made at the time of check-in. My payment was assured by credit card.
5) i had send following request to booking.com (Annex - 2)
Request: as per confirmation received from booking.com, i have to make payment directly to hotel, whereas on oyo, my booking status is on hold. Pl confirm status and whether i need to make advance payment.
Booking.com replied on 16th sept -2018 as : thank you for sending us your request. We are waiting for a response from oyo 118 dallas hotel regarding your request, and will be in touch with you again when we hear from them (Annex-2)
6) on 15th dec-2018, i sent confirmation message to oyo through booking.com as “dear sir, we hereby confirm that we will check in on 31st dec and will pay the total amount at the time of check in as per our booking. Regards, pravin zanjad, mumbai india”
7) on 16th dec-2018, i received reply through e-mail from oyo that i have the option either to make advance payment or pay at the hotel (Annex-3).
E-mail read as below -
“ greetings from oyo!
Hi mr. /ms. Aniket charhate; ashvini zanjad; prafulla charhate; pravin zanjad,
Thank you for the inquiry. We are glad that you have chosen us as your preferred hospitality partner.
We wish to inform you that the guests have the option to either make an advance payment or pay at the hotel during check-in.in case of any other query, please feel free to contact.
Oyo 118 dallas hotel”
I replied the mail on the same day as “thanks for your quick response, we will make the payment during our stay in the hotel.
Thanks once again “ (Annex – 4)
7. Total 8 adults including 2 families along-with reached hotel for check-in along with confirmation voucher. The reception check the voucher and said they do not have any reservation in our name. We checked online status from booking.com app. It was showing status as confirmed reservation.
8. I called the oyo from the hotel and briefed the situation. It was informed that i will receive call back within 10 minutes (Pl refer recording available with u), however i have not received any call from oyu.
9. The reception spoke with oyo cluster manager mr gaurav. He said that he has reservation for 4 rooms in our name and will send the voucher to hotel. The reception told gaurav that the hotel is fully booked and he cannot allot any room to us at last moment. (Pl get confirmed from reception)
10. Due to 31st, all hotels in dubai were booked and we had no rooms available. We spoke with mr. Gaurav and asked him to speak with reception and arrange for our accommodation. He spoke with reception, however reception told that the hotel is fully booked and they cannot honour our booking.
11. Since we were with our family member and luggage, we requested the reception to be kind with us and provide at least 2 rooms. The reception told that one room is available due to cancellation, however we have to deal directly with them about the rates. The reception took the advantage of situation and asked 800 aed for one room (Annex-4). We asked gaurav to speak with reception. However the reception has not listened to mr gaurav. (We cannot understand when the hotel is under oyo, why reception was not listening to their cluster manager).
12. We were not having any option except to accept all terms and conditions and rates asked by the reception. We paid 800 aed for the room (Without b/f). We all 8 adults accommodated in one suit room with single wash room and 4 of us sleep on mattresses laid on ground. We requested mr. Gaurav to come in the hotel to review the situation and he agreed. We call him as per agreed schedule, however he didn't tuned up.
13. I sent an e-mail to oyo as “we r in the hotel, hotel denied rooms, spoken with mr gaurav, issue not resolved, we have to accommodate 8 persons in one room with 800 aed against our booking amount of rs. 490 aed for 4 rooms” (Annex - 5 and annex 6). I further sent an e-mail on 1st january -2019 as “this is to confirm that we have not been provided accommodation, even though we were having conformed booking” (Annex-6).
14. We got reply from oyo on 1st january-2019 as we are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused. We will look into the matter and will get back to you soon. (Annex -7), however till date we have not received any clarification/reply from oyo.
15. We returned india on 2nd jan-2019 early in the morning. Booking.com informed that we didn't turned up to the property and our booking is cancelled. This is wrong information given by property owner (Oyo) to booking.com. (Pl refer annex 8 showing we stayed in the same hotel in single room by making payment demanded by the reception).
16. I had booked the rooms through booking.com. I had confirmed that we will check-in as per our booking. Oyo has also confirmed that i can pay at the hotel. Our payment was guaranteed by credit card. However oyo intentionally cancelled my booking and provided wrong and misleading information and reasons for cancellation to us and to booking.com.
17. We were in the foreign country with our family and luggage to enjoy new year holidays. However oyo cancelled our booking without any cancellation request from me or booking.com. Further, the booking cancellation was not informed to me or booking.com. Our booking status was confirmed as on 31st dec-2018 when we reached for check-in in the hotel.
18. We were kept waiting for about 2 hours till we directly negotiate with reception and accepted room rent demanded by him for single room. We all 8 persons were to use single washroom. We lost our valuable time and we have to curtail out sightseeing schedule. We feel harassed and humiliated in other country from oyo.
We claim compensation for non allotment of rooms as per our booking, harassment and loss of our valuable time as below-
A. Refund of room charges : we paid rs. 800 aed (Rs. 16, 000) to reception as demanded by them for single room. Accordingly for 4 room refund of rs. 64, 000=00
B. Compensation for harassment / loss of our valuable time = rs. 1, 00, 000=00
Total compensation claimed = rs. 1, 64, 000=00
We have issued 24 hr notice to oyo vide booking. Oyorooms.com and it was informed that we will be replied within 24 hrs, however there is no reply till date.
We wish to take the issue to consumer forum and also to concerned authority of goi and dubai
[Jan 09, 2019] OYO Rooms customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Verified SupportOYO Rooms Customer Care's response, Jan 10, 2019
Dear Guest, We really apologize for the trouble caused to you. Our relevant team will get in touch and assist you at the earliest.
Verified SupportOYO Rooms Customer Care's response, Jan 12, 2019
As checked our team connected with you in regards to your concern and provided you needful resolution. Let us know for any other assistance.
|1 Comment Updated:||Share0Tweet0|
[Resolved] Oyorooms - thailand package 
[Resolved] Oyo Rooms - Regarding mismanagement in room booking 
[Resolved] Oyo Rooms - My booking id is zkcl8952 didn't get room 
[Resolved] Oyo Rooms - regarding misbehaviour of staff 
[Resolved] Oyo Rooms - Oyo big cheaters, fraud 
[Resolved] Oyo Rooms - False commitment and false upgrade 
[Resolved] Oyo Rooms - My hotel was shifted without informing me till the time of my check in - full payment been done a month back 
[Resolved] Oyo Rooms - Left stranded on street by oyo at midnight with old parents and infant kid of 9 month (Booking id : bwtf6398)