Oyo Rooms — false claims of full refund initiated

OYO Rooms, 325, Spaze Tech Park Tower B, Sohna Road, Gurgaon, Haryana, Gurgaon, Haryana, India
 deepak murali on Oct 17, 2019
I had booked a room in oyo rooms at Soubhagya residency on 3rd September 2019. The full payment was made through my HDFC debit card. I got a confirmation mail from OYO confirming the status of my booking(will send copies of the same via mail). On 9th September 2019(6 days after initial booking was made and 5 days before actual plan date), i got a message from OYO that my booking had to be cancelled due to unavoidable circumstances. I called OYO and got informed that I can either avail alternatives or opt for a full refund. Also, when I checked directly with the property, they informed me they weren't taking any bookings for past 1 month. Although, due to this irresponsible act from OYO i had to book rooms at a higher rate, I decided to settle for a full refund from OYO and i got email and message from OYO that the full refund was initiated on September 9, 2019. On Sept 20, 2019, when I called them to check status of my refund, they disconnected the call several times and finally when I got a chance to talk to them, they informed me the refund was not initiated. Though, they claimed a refund was initiated again on Sept 20, the payment was not credited after 14 working days and I called them again on Oct 10. This time they sent me a form to fill my account details which I completed and submitted. In the same day evening, I got another message from OYO mentioning NEFT transfer failed to my account. When I called them to check, they said I have to check with my bank. When I asked them for the failed transaction ID, they said they did not have a transaction ID, as the refund was not even initiated. Now calling the OYO CUSTOMER CARE is proving useless time and time again. Kindly help me to get this issue resolved.

[Oct 18, 2019] OYO Rooms customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
OYO Rooms Customer Care's response, Oct 23, 2019
Hello Guest,
We never want any dissatisfactory experience for any of our guest. Kindly share the booking ID/contact number, we'll get this checked for you.

Team OYO.