OYO Rooms — looted my money

Vadodara, Vadodara District, Gujarat, India
 Deepak Vichare on Jun 8, 2019
I booked a room in Oyo Hotel Avista Vadodara through MMT on 6th June 2019. The booking was for 7th June and check out on 8th June. I reached Hotel Avista at 10.45pm approximately. The hotel manager informed me that Oyo has done an over booking and there is no room available. Hence I called oyo customer care and somesh from the senior team made an arrangement for me at Oyo Hotel Panchsheel Vadodara. I reached the 2nd hotel around 11.40pm. And please note that I was driving down to Vadodara from Udaipur with my wife and 1 year old daughter. After reaching Hotel Panchsheel they took my details and gave me room no 406. After i reached the room I saw that the room was very shabby. Also the toilet was dirty and the room had a weird smell. I have stayed in hotel avista on 27th May 2019 so I knew that the room of panchsheel was no where in par with hotel avista. So i immediately informed the senior Mr Bharat of hotel panchsheel that i can't stay in that room because it's not hygienic and that i am leaving. Mr Bharat informed me that they do not have any other room so I handed over the room key to him and left the hotel. I called Oyo immediately however everytime I called oyo the executive would tell me that they will transfer my call to the senior and put me on hold. After 15 16 calls I finally was able to talk to Bunty Kumar. Bunty Kumar spoke to the staff of panchsheel and informed me that i left the room without informing anyone. I asked Bunty to get Mr Bharat from hotel panchsheel on conference and i will speak to him because I had informed him about my concern regarding the room and had handed over the keys to him before leaving. But Bunty wasn't ready to get him on a conference call and kept saying that i left without informing anyone at the hotel. Bunty was biase throughout the call and was favouring the hotel staff. He was concerned about the customer at all. It's quite evident why Bunty wasn't ready to get Mr Bharat on the conference. Oyo is looting it's customers. I wasted my money, time and energy in calling oyo with an expectation of resolving my issue. I was on the streets of Vadodara for 2.5hours in the night with my wife and 1 year old daughter. Oyo sucks, bloody liars.

[Jun 16, 2019] OYO Rooms customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
OYO Rooms Customer Care's response, Jun 18, 2019
Hello Guest,

We never want any dissatisfactory experience for any of our guest. Kindly share the booking ID/contact number, we'll get this checked for you.

Team OYO.