[Resolved]  Oyo Rooms — room cancellation charges

I had booked 3 rooms for 2 nights with oyo rooms for barkot. Without confirmation from the property hotel riya residency, oyo accepted the payment and confirmed the hotel reservation. I requested modification on booking with preponement of booking for two days. Instead, oyo cancelled my booking and charged one-day room rent for all three rooms. I had also booked the same hotel for a day prior to my earlier booking. When i checked in at the hotel on 5th may, i was refused a reservation and informed by the hotel that they have stopped accepting any booking from oyo for last one month and still, oyo keeps booking room without the consent of the hotel. Moreover, the hotel was not ready and no rooms were available. This is highly unprofessional as oyo confirmed the booking and kept on sending the confirmation without consent of the property. How can oyo charge cancellation or take payment for the booking which is not confirmed by the concerned hotel/property?
Complaint marked as Resolved 2019-07-05 01:44:35

[May 31, 2019] OYO Rooms customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
OYO Rooms Customer Care's response Jun 02, 2019
Hello Guest,

We never want any dissatisfactory experience for any of our guest. Kindly share the booking ID/contact number, we'll get this checked for you.

Team OYO.