OYO — unable to get a room booked in advance

X.Charles on Jun 22, 2019
Booking id: yiga5394
Check-in - 12th jun'19

Check-out - 14th jun'19

Address - convent road, kodaikanal

View on map

Landmark - kodai lake (1 km)

Total payment to be made - rs. 752. I booked a room at kodaikkanal vide the above particulars. On 12.6.19, after seven hours of journey, i took a taxi to the hotel asking for my room. I experienced the rudest shock when the receptionist told me that the contract between oyo and hotel lapsed and they can not honour the advance booking. I contacted the customer care. They initially promised me alternative accommodation but after two hours informed me due to technical issues oyo is cancelling the booking and ready to refund the amount. I was left on the road with my sick wife (Due hill journey). With great difficulty i found a room in a worthless hotel at an exorbitant cost of rs.1800/. For two days i paid rs.3600/. Oyo have painted the entire town red with advertising but due to its incompetence i was put in such mental agony. On that day i ran from pillar to post to find a room. I spent rs800/ for taxi. I would like to be compensated for the ordeal, i have undergone. Oyo"s slipshod attitude cost me rs5000 extra for which, i ami left with no other option expect approaching consumer court.

[Jun 22, 2019] OYO Rooms customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Complaint comments  Add a CommentShare0Tweet0

1909
    325, Spaze I Park, Tower B, Sohna Road, Gurgaon, NA, India - 122002
    OYO - unable to get a room booked in advance