Passport Office Delhi — closure of file application in 2004

neevan3 on Mar 12, 2019
This is regarding the application file #DLHB01925304. I had applied for a passport through a broker when I was staying in New Delhi in the year 2004. however I never heard back anything from him or anyone regarding the application, later on I moved to Bangalore in the year 2005 and applied for a passport in the year 2008 with file #BNGB01759608. It was approved and I received the passport # G9786270 in July 2008. My passport expired in July 2018 and I wanted to renew it. Upon my visit to the RPO Bangalore office on 8th and 10th Jan for renewal, they informed me that the initial application at Delhi will need to be closed first before they progress on the passport renewal request file #BN[protected] .

Despite multiple emails to RPO Delhi along with grievances being raised on the portal - my issue is still not resolved. When I called up Helpdesk, they are asking me to visit Delhi RPO on a weekday to get the file closed! I am a single woman, working at Bangalore, and its impossible for me to travel to Delhi. Its a very casual and careless nature of RPO Delhi for taking the citizens for granted and make them run pillar to post.
Complaint comments  Add a CommentShare0Tweet0

Hudco Trikoot-3, Bhikaji Cama Place, R.K.Puram, New Delhi, Delhi, India - 110066
    Passport Office Delhi - closure of file application in 2004