[Resolved]  Royal Sundaram General Insurance — car key not replaced although covered in insurance

I'm having vw polo 2016 hl, insurer is royal sundaram general insurance company.
I opted for key cover while purchasing the policy in october 2019.
After relocating my house in august 2020 i could not find second key of my car and it came to my notice after a week as it took time for me set up the house.

While enquiring over phone about key replacement process on 24th august she herself entered the incident date as 2nd august. I explained and written the same to royal sundaram as it's a genuine case and i haven't lied about anything.

The insurer took advantage of the same and cited reasons of delay intimation etc and rejected my claim.

What's the use of such policy provider's who doesn't a trick to reject claims.
Complaint marked as Resolved Oct 20, 2020
Got the information about claim process by late and some dockets documents were incorrect as explained by Royal Sundaram. Hence closing this.

[Sep 15, 2020] Royal Sundaram General Insurance customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Updated by Avinash Karikatti Sep 14, 2020
I called up Bengaluru office to enquire about claim process on 24th August,
The representative entered the incident date as 2nd August and raised intimation.
Claim #PV00666066.
Complaint comments  Add a Comment     Updated: ShareTweet

Royal Sundaram General Insurance Phone
    +91 44 7117 7117 [Corp Office]
    Royal Sundaram General Insurance Address
    Vishranthi Melaram Towers, No.2/319, Rajiv Gandhi Salai (OMR), Karapakkam, -, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India - 600097