[Resolved] State Bank of India — Not receiving OTP for 3D Secure service registration

Haripad, Alappuzha District, Kerala, India
 rethishk103
Hi Team, I am not receiving an OTP for my State Bank Visa Debit card while trying to register for 3D Secure service. My mobile number is registered with the bank. I have tried several times however no luck. Now, I am not able to make single online transaction using my card. Surfing the net, it seems like many SBI customer are facing the same issue. Please look into the matter and get it resolved asap. Regards, Rethish Kumar Contact No.: +91 [protected]
My issue is resolved. Thanks to the Branch Manager of Haripad SBI, Mr. Sajith S S. He had been extremely helpful. I met him yesterday and informed him about the issue. Without further ado, he escalated my issue to the concerned department and got it resolved.

[Aug 09, 2014] State Bank of India [SBI] customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Comments

@rethishk103 me too facing the same issue... tried every thing visit branch, contact customer support center, send mails to concern persons but poor or says no response from SBI...

worst experience ever had in banking from SBI... many people facing same issue but still SBI folks don't know why this issue happening.

vijay
@ Vijay: It's true, seems like SBI don't know what the issue is. Eccentric things is, I was told to submit a SMS alert form when I visited the bank. I was told that my number is registered that my mobile number is only registered online and not with the bank.

I did what they asked me to, but still nowhere near the solution.
I am an NRE/NRO customer and i m trying to do online Internet banking transaction either i don't get OTP or even if I get it is delayed by 20-30 mins and there after the OTP becomes invalid My Mobile is registered to UK.

Cheers,
Shankar
I am an NRE/NRO customer in Vile Parle Branch Mumbai and i m trying to do online Internet banking
transaction either i don't get OTP or even if I get it is delayed by
20-30 mins and there after the OTP becomes invalid My Mobile is
registered to UK.

Cheers,
Shankar
I am facing the same problem in transaction either i don't get OTP or even if I get it is delayed by
20-30 mins and there after the OTP becomes invalid .
My Mobile is
registered to State bank of Bikaner & Jaipur .Banswara (RAJ) New cloth market branch.

J K BOHRA
20-30 mins and there after the OTP becomes invalid .
I am NRE customer, i am trying to do online transaction but doing so i am awaiting for secure OTP, i am not getting the OTP message on time and is getting delayed more then 20-30 minutes, please advise what to do, i am so frustrated i would have to switch over to other bank then if do not get the problem fixed.
Nitin
Whatsapp: +[protected]
I have been facing this issue for roughly 6 months now. I hold an account in Naupada Branch (Thane, Maharashtra). Each time I visit the branch or call them or email the customer care, they either ask me a few questions and tell me my issue will be resolved or they ask me to fill an SMS alert form. God know how many of those I've filled already.
The last time I spoke to someone at SBI, she asked me if I wasn't receiving OTPs for e-wallets and I said yes to this, she actually told me that "OTHERS ARE ALSO FACING THE SAME ISSUE. YOU PROBABLY WON'T RECEIVE THE OTP". I didn't even know how to respond to this.
SOMEONE, FIX THIS ISSUE PLEASE.

Aabha
I am also having the same issue, It seems the SMS are not handled my SBI by itself. its forwarded to a Separate client/operator are delivered by them. If they have the SMS sending unit in their hand itself it would be easy for them to find and fix. And there are lot of cheap GSM devices nowadays in the market to handle the SMS delivery.
But still, SBI has to take this in Priority when they want to make each and every transaction secure. And the Cases of loosing the Phone ( stolen or crashed or destroyed or broken) then it needs to re-register it with the Secure SMS OPT app and which it needs the OPT to send again and this OPT SMS should always be working.

A Frustrated Online SBI User
I have recently changed my mobile phone and downloaded SBI secure app and for registration it needs OTP.I had tried many times and nothing worked out.I sent a SMS in complaint as given in the website of SBI and the reply with tracking number received.It said some one will call and resolve the issue.Still am waiting to get the OTP resolved.
Great SBI in their service.
Subash