The Hindu Complaints & Reviews

Last updated Nov 21, 2022

File a complaint to The Hindu

Having problems with The Hindu?

File a complaint and get it resolved by The Hindu customer care. It’s quick effective and absolutely free!

The Hindu

Chennai District
Tamil Nadu

The Hindu Phone Numbers

The Hindu reviews & complaints page 11

Hello, my name is prashant. i am already do subscription for e paper of the hindu news paper, but still now it didn't show any epaper on your app as well as on web site. also didn't show subscription . I am taking with your customer care but they did not satisfy me how i get epaper for reading. when i was enter in epaper its show that your subscription period is over thats why i am sending A snap shot of mobile. IL...
Dear sir, I regret to inform you that while reading today's newspaper (15th June 2019) Madurai edition News section I found a mistake in the News column. The message that Rakesh sharma first indian to land on moon is found to be wrong as He was the first indian to fly in space. Being an IAS aspirant I didn't expect this from standard english newspaper as such wrong information may affect the general knowledge of the students. I sincerely...
Please provide newspaper in rajgir (Bihar). Almost all newspaper is being delivered here except the hindu. There is direct connectivity between patna and rajgir. Distance is also under 100kms with good quality of road. Being a part of defence organisation here in rajgir, i know some other people who are interested in reading the hindu.
I request you to please consider this. And if possible please reply....
The payment has done on 23rd may 2019 for 6 months of rs. 999 /= till now the paper is not delivered to us.
When we talk to customer care they say today you will receive the paper but until today we have not received.

If it is not possible return the amount immediately. Talking every day the same issue the stress increases, waste of time and energy....
It has been five days and we have not received the newspaper. I have paid for in advance and this is non delivery is very unfortunate and not a responsible behaviour. Kindly arrange for the delivery of the newspaper at the earliest. I have already registered a complaint online two days back and this is my second complaint. I hope action is taken against the agent responsible.
S. Raghavan [protected]....
Hello
I am not able to subscribe for the hindu in school online. I find the site www.thehindu.com/theweekend has a 404 error. When i call up on[protected] despite selecting 0 for the operator i keep getting the same message.

Unfortunately the local newspaper distributor in saharanpur who supplies the hindu is not aware of this paper.

Is sending a cheque the only way out?

Aruna jain...
I am saravanan hailing from surandai, tirunelveli district. I work as a branch manager in private sector. I am reading your newspaper for the past 25 years. For the past 2 months i am receiving your newspaper either 10 am or the next day. The agent supplying us says that the newspaper comes from tirunelveli and first it goes to tenkasi, a nearby district and then only it reaches surandai. Kindly look into the issue....
I subscribed for the hindu news paper from 16.5.19 to 15.5.20 by paying the subscription on line. Which has been confirmed under id[protected]. I requested for cancellation of above subscription by mail on 10.5.19 as i will be out of the country. Other computerized acknowledgement i have no other communication. I contact acted hyderabad office no.23403902 exton.4014, other than matter is being looked into no other communication on making telephonic...
Hello sir / madam i shiva kumar i'm the regular news reader though i'm not comfort with delivery issues, the delivery boy not delivering properly from 1 month i'm not receiving the paper please clarify this one... I gave the money to my nearby regular daily news paper delivery boy he said that pay 1000 and i will deliver regular so i just trusted him and he is not delivering properly...

I have taken a subscription for frontline magazine, hindu group. Never received the copy on time. I always have to call them and chase them to deliver my copy at my address and they always say that ma’am we have sent from our end these post office people are too slow. I have never got feb and march, 2019 frontline subscription they delivered me may one. How ridiculous is this i don’t understand. Some action needs to be taken at the earliest.
The Hindu customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I have paid annual subscription for the hindu tamil newspaper on 8th april 2019 (Order id : ord_15326) and subscription was to begin from 16th april 2019. Its going to be 2 weeks now and i haven't received any copy yet. I am sick of making repeated calls and follow ups but no appropriate action has been taken. Never expected such a worst service from the hindu.
    The Hindu customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I subscribed to the hindu and young world physical subscriptions a while ago. It was promised that the subscription would start from 16th april onwards. But despite of complaints made to customer support team 3 times this week, the paper isn't being delivered and the team is just issuing the ticket number no work backend. My number is [protected], please resolve this quickly...
      I have paid annual subscription for the hindu's young world on 28th march 2019 and subscription was to begin from 12 april 2019. Its going to be 2 weeks now and i haven't received any copy yet. I am sick of making repeated calls and follow ups but no appropriate action has been taken. My ticket number is sr 4939. Never expected such a worst service from the hindu....
      Our family votes of 4 members including myself have been deleted from the voters list and we could not vote today inspite of running around since the past 2 weeks to the Election Office bearers including meeting the top officials like the District Election Officer in Rippon Buildings, The Electoral Registration Officer in Zone 13 at Adyar, The Deputy Tahsildar at Adyar etc.Representations were given in writing and complaints were registered...

Complained many times for not receiving daily news paper for the subscription payment made in nov18 through online.

Telecaller not bothered to revert or get the issue resolved.

I need my money to be refunded by your company as I have opted local news paper through agency.

Act immediately to refund my amount or need to escalate to next level. If required to complaint consumer forum.

Ramakrishnan N
      The Hindu customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Sir, i have been a reader of the hindu since january 2019 getting my copy through the local newspaper vendor (T. Paper suppliers, 9/1/h/3, canal east road, kolkata – 700 067). Last payment made date is 13 march 2019 by cash for this month, i received a newspaper some days without any issue. From january 2019, around 25-26 days paper not delivered. There is a large number of absent. Which impact very heavy on my cse preparation. But i kept quiet. Again for this month, i have not received around 14 days paper in this month. However, till date i have not received the newspaper. But till today the problem has not been solved. Could you please deduct the amount the papers delivered and return my money amount back? If not possible, send some good kolkata magazine in lieu of the balance amount. I am sorry to say that i am totally disappointed from your way of service, which i never expected being reputed concern like hindu.
        Paper supplier – t. Paper suppliers
        Agent – tapas roy chowdhury ([protected])
        Address – 9/1/h/3, canal east road, kolkata – 700 067
        The Hindu customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
        I am not receiving my news papers regularly.
        Today ( 7 April 2019), I haven't received my news paper. I didn't receive my news paper 2 days back and so on.
        Please do the needful.

I have made my payment every month in scheduled basis but the agent had never give me the newspaper on daily wise and on scheduled wise because i am a job holder.. It is very important for me to get the newspaper on time but i am not getting it properly on daily wise also. And the local agent does not pick up my phone. And because of irregularity in newspaper it empacts very much in my cse preparation. I have got so irritated with it....

I just wanted to know why my today's issue i, e, 7th april 2019 has not been delivered to me? I have paid my annual subscription. As per below.
          In such situation we're helpless since the local agent doesn't answer our calls. We stand to loose since payment already made.

(Your sms dated: 5july 2018).
          Dear p mohan doss krishnan! Welcome to the hindu group. Your subscription no [protected] to the hindu is valid from 16.07.2018 to 16.07.2019. (Do call us at:[protected] for any assistance.) happy reading!-

When i made a complaint today, 7th april 2019 the following sms was received!!!
          Dear p mohan doss krishnaiah, thank you for contacting the hindu. Your interaction regarding non receipt of the hindu the hindu is registered with reference no. Sr 4276. We will update you by[protected]
          The Hindu customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I have paid amount in online for 6 months subscriptions to the hindu for "the hindu in school" weekly magazine which was supposed to start 10-feb & ends on 4-aug with sub id: [protected]. I have sent multiple mails, multiple calls to customer care, still not received any copies, even i asked to refund my amount, they are not doing that. Finally in april they sent 3 copies at once (10-feb, 17-feb & 10 mar). Don't know the logic behind this? They looks like customer may be collecting old papers.

First complaint raised on 16-feb mail & phone: reference no. A337999 & reference no. A338002, same followed up on 21-feb.
            One more mails sent on 22-feb, highlighting to refund: reference no. A340325
            Third followup on 26-feb w. R. T reference no. A337999
            Middle i had made calls as well on[protected].
            Again on 22-mar highlighted as no progress in my complaints, following again on 24-mar: sr 2827
            The Hindu customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Last two months i am not getting my daily paper, my subscription is in current
              after so many reminder still it is not solve by company. I had check with the office they refer mr.kannan a team leader to resolve the issue. But after so many reminders still i am unable to get the newspaper. and i am purchasing daily basis in near the shop. This is frustrating to me.
              The Hindu customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
              The renewal date is till[protected] but paper not received for 2 days from now.
              kindly take action.

subscription id:- [protected]
              One of the best news paper in india is THE HINDU but it has spelling mistakes so please check clearly

I have paid the subscription for Hindu Tamil newspaper for one year to be effective from 15.06.2018, subscription no TMCHM145302. Now since 30/Mar/2019 newspaper is not delivered. The local agent is not responsive. Kindly arrange to resume newspaper upto 15/Jun/2019.