The Hindu Complaints & Reviews

Last updated Dec 1, 2022

File a complaint to The Hindu

Having problems with The Hindu?

File a complaint and get it resolved by The Hindu customer care. It’s quick effective and absolutely free!

The Hindu

Chennai District
Tamil Nadu

The Hindu Phone Numbers

The Hindu reviews & complaints page 6

The Hindu epaper site is having loading issues since past couple of weeks. Whenever I try to login, the page is not opening. An error message, this site can't be reached appears every time . Even if, by luck, it opens sometimes it will go blank again. This creates a lot of frustration after paying thousand rupees for yearly subscription. Please do the needful as fast as possible. I have stopped the subscription for hardcopy trusting their online version. So I am nit able to read news as of now.

Sir, I Have News paper stall in Sapthagiricircle Anantapur dist. 515001
    I suffered from the Paper Distribution Agent M. RAMESH kamala nagar agent is not properly Distribution& I loss of 10-15 CopyS business per day pls take take action that particular agent& Solve the problem. Thankyou

Yours obidiently
    News paper stall
    Kamalanagar, Raju Road, Anantapur dist. 515001
    The Hindu customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I am Sabareesan . I have been reading Tamil Hindu news paper since it's inception sep 2013. I subscribed( In the Name of My uncle : Mr. R. Shanmuganathan) for Tamil Hindu newspaper for one year from 1.10.2020 ( Attached receipt). I am receiving my newspaper after 10 AM only, some days distributor missed to deliver ( recently 06.02.2021, 07.02.2021 too) . When I asked the agent this improper delivery timing, he replied that he is the only...

Hi Team,

I have NOT been receiving THE HINDU Newspaper for past 5 days. I have made yearly payment which is valid until 31-May-2021, but Vendor (who delivers newspaper daily to home) has conveyed that, newspaper has been stopped from THE HINDU group for me.

When we are paying for yearly premiums, this type of irresponsible behaviour from much previleged group is tough to believe. Completely dissatisfied.

My Details :-

Name : Prakash
      Hindu Reference ID : W20200518ESUB7029
      Subscription Expiry Date : 31-May-2021
      The Hindu customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

What is the timings of news paper delivery?

iam vamsi priya...I take newspaper since 5 months to my home

I take news paper from some called agent...he delivered newspaper every morning timings like 9 or 10 or ect...he don't give before 7 o clock...everytime same issue...

other newspapers like eenadu, sakshi they give 5 or 5 .30 o clock ...

why the hindu getting late...very bad agents...
        Dear Sir
        I have done Hindu Tamil Thisai Quarterly subscription on 24/12/2020 vide your invoice no. 14789 for Rs 444 and for the period of 01/01/2021 to 01/04/2021. But till date i have not received the news paper . I have given missed call to[protected] many a times for non receipt of news paper and I have lost faith on your service. Hence request you to refund the amount asap.

Stalin K
        [protected]br...

Hello
        We are regular reader of The Hindu. Recently added student version on Sunday with regular news paper is not mandatory for everyone as written in advertisement on 23 January. But the vendor is not taking it back, telling it mandatory with paper.

Please clarify, we don't want student version.

The Hindu customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I did subscribed hindu physical newspaper for 620 via online 4months before. After waiting for 1month, i verified hindu customercare as i didnt received any newspaper. Although, they then promised the prompt delivery, i still didnt received any single paper so I asked them to cancel my subscription. They said, refund amount will be credited within 15days, but its almost 2months and am left with no refund. Either it is small or huge amt cheating...

I'm Sandeep, resident of saidabad, we have paid one year subscription of hindu news paper on 1 Dec 2020.

Even after paying the news paper subscription for one year the representative says it's expired. Although, he has delivered the news paper for one month. Now, the same person says, it's expired.

Please, resolve it at the earliest. It's been three days we have to purchase paper from our pocket.
          The Hindu customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I have been a subscriber for several years.
            I renewed my subscription, after a brief relocation to another address.
            I ensured that the residence address is correctly updated, after renewal of my subscription.
            Registered mobile number is [protected]

Renewal was done in the last week of december.
            Paper was supposed to be delivered from 1st Jan, 2021.
            Despite repeated calls...

I have paid subscription for 6 months on 8/7/2020 ₹ 589/. When attempting to login, it is showing that my subscription expired. For the last 2 days, I am unable to login and read the paper. Please rectify the issue immediately.

Order No : ORD_79191
              Amount : 120.00
              Bank Reference Code : VPMP[protected]
              Date/Time of payment : 02 Jan, 2021 09:37 PM
              Account is debited in my bank acc0unt please do the needful
              my phone no is [protected]
              The Hindu customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I am t. Raghavan, residing in west mambalam . I am a yearly subscriber and id no. [protected]. The hindu paper was not delivered on 1.1.21 and moreover it was not timely delivery regularly. Kindly look into the matter and resolve it at the earliest.
                The Hindu customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Sir, I subscribed for epaper on 27th Dec.2020. online for Rs.990/- . I am not getting epaper. what I do?
                  The Hindu customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Tamil Hindu news paper not for the last 3 days(13, 14, 15/12/2020 by the agent. He told that scheme paper not issued properly from mudurai. Please take step to issue properly. My order ID ORD 59925.
                    The Hindu customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

On 15th Dec, Mumbai City edition of Hindu Newspaper carried a picture of Leader of the Opposition in the "neareby" column and mentioned Maharastra allots 2211 crores for farmers. It is misleading & highly derogatory to the incumbent government. The short story beneath does not mention Fadnavis name at all.
                      If Maharasthra govt allots something, should it carry the picture of CM (or) the official spokesperson of the govt and should not have carried Former CM's picture and save maharastra allots 2211 cr to farmers, implying to the uninformed that Fadnavis or his party is given the money to farmers.
                      Expect higher standards from Hindu Newspaper.
                      The Hindu customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Dear Sir, l have paid online Ra 999/- by debit to my sb account towards annual subscription for your publications epaper The Hindu, Business line and Magazine Frontline as per your Deepavali offer. Please advise me weather you have accepted it or not, I am not getting the copies of papers to which I have subscribed. Copy of account statement annexed with....

I have taken 1year subscription but the pack was not activated. Its just showing your trail period is expired.please respond quickly.Thank you.
                        The Hindu customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

My wife S.Shoba has subscribed to Annual Subscription by paying Rs.1299/- in advance vide reference no.[protected]. The subscription started from 15/10/2020. On several days Newspaper was not delivered and if delivered on some days, it was not in proper time and Late around 8.00 a.m. please look into this and communicate with me in my Mobile No.[protected], D.Balaji. Also I require receipt for my payment for reimbursement from my wife's office. Please do the needful and communicate in my Mobile number in this regard, Regards, D.Balaji.
                          The Hindu customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I have subscribed for 6 months from 16.10.2020.
                            My subscription ID : [protected].
                            I'm not receiving papers to my door step regularly. Im receiving paper on alternate days only. I have a complaint against it to customer care but there is no response....