The Hindu

Chennai District
Tamil Nadu

Load

The Hindu Complaints & Reviews

It is submitted that mr. Ch arjun rao of the hindu news paper collected cheque for rs. 999/- towards annual subscription of...

I pay my monthly subscription to the agent here. According to him, he is not able to supply the newspaper regularly because the delivery van driver is not dropping the paper bundles regularly. When i contacted your customercare no.[protected] at 19.10 today the person at the other end is not at all helpful and rude also. Please resolve the problem and the whole pithapuram town hindu readers will appreciate your efforts.
Mar 19, 2019

The Hindu customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I have made one subscription to the hindu - i have not received the hindu dated 10 03 2019 and[protected] organise for sending...
    Respected sir,
    I live in town vikasnagar which comes in the district dehradun of state uttarakhand. Sir, i feel very...

I, anandh. K, comfort inn boys hostel,
    3362y, 8th st, af block, anna nagar, chennai, tamil nadu 600040. Paid one year subscription and the paper is delivering to me in the above said address, now i am here with requesting you to kindly send my paper to the below mentioned address as i was changed to this below mentioned address recently :

4/171, last street, defence colony, venkateshpuram, arakkonam, vellore, tamilnadu -631002.
    Mobile number:[protected].
    Mar 12, 2019

The Hindu customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
    I subscribed to the Hindu on 26th Feb. They said paper would come by March 1st. However the paper has not been delivered till March 4th. Also complaint to refund the amount/cancel the subscription has not been resolved. 5 complaints have been raised with them so far with no response. No local office number was also given.

My subscription no:w[protected]As per sms alert)
      Subscription id:[protected]
      Hindu ref. Id:w[protected]esub0015br...

Dear sir
      I subscribed by paying inr 300 for the hindu weekly for a quarter.
      This is the details

Payment information
      Hindu reference id : w20181027esub7018
      Amount [ inr ] : 300
      Bank reference id :[protected]
      Date of transaction : sat oct 27 09:45:59 ist 2018

I never received a single issue.
      I have complained thrice as well.

Please issue a refund.
      I really dont know what the issue was, as well.

Thanks and regards
      Vinod
      [protected].
      Mar 12, 2019

The Hindu customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Of late the colour oh hindu paper has been changing. Since the year of 1983 i have been reading this paper, it is disheartening to say that it is moving towards left ideology. Be center. That is what reader's expectation. I do not think this paper is meant for reflecting one person's wish he maybe one of the owner. Just give the news. Donot make opinion. That is reader's job
        Mar 10, 2019

The Hindu customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
        I paid amount for Hindu newspaper early, but still today I didn't get any newspaper... Which is loss of money for these days. As before one month I paid the amount, can't Hindu newspaper team make earlier arrangements to deliver newspaper.

My contact no.:[protected]
        Name: PS PAVAN KUMAR
        MAIL ID: [protected]@gmail.com

In spite of having implemented rule by the government of india against using loudspeaker in public place the rule is deliberately...

Good morning.

I have subscribed the hindu tamil daily newspaper in march 2018. Ever since, the newspaper was delivered on irregular basis. I have complained about this to the paper delivery boy and the agent initially. But they told that the subscription was not intimated to them. Then after several times complaining to the local hindu office, delivery started sometimes later. However it was delivered continuously on irregular basis only. At a point with at most frustration in the non-receipt of the paper, some how i was able to reach a senior officer mr. Vijaya kumar. He assured me for the prompt delivery and continuity in service. Again it was not so long. The same issue started. Now almost more than 3 weeks we have not received the papers.

The same kind of problem occurred couple of years ago when i subscribed for business line newspaper. At least now, i have received the paper for sometimes, earlier subscription for total waste of money.

Last year during january 2018, one of the executive mr. Thiyagarajan from the hindu group has approached me at my home requesting for newspapers subscription. Of course i have shared my bitter experience in losing money with the the hindu group earlier. I did also share about no solution even after several complaints. But his request was to give an opportunity to overcome all these issues.

Now it's high time to seriously look into this and solve the problem.
          Mar 01, 2019

The Hindu customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I'm a student at nit calicut. My laptop was stolen from my room in the college hostel 4 days back. I informed the chief warden and office warden immediately when i found it was missing. I even went to complain in the nearby kunnamangalam ps next day and asked them to register a complaint but they have asked me to come after 2 days and registered the complaint today morning. There is no action being taken either from college or ps. There are no surveillance cameras in the college. No checking is done. When my parents tried to talk to chief warden, his reply was"what should i do?"
            Feb 27, 2019

The Hindu customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I have subscribed annual subscription of The Hindu News paper in the second week of February 2019. I was promised that paper will start from 16 February 2019, but on the promised date it was not started. I called local agency and The hindu customer but all was in vain. Today it is 20.02.2019 and despite calling two three people I am unable to get new paper. So please refund my money.
              Feb 20, 2019

The Hindu customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

This is with regard to the repeated usage of the word 'killed"instead of"martyred"in your daily edition of the newspaper. For the past few days, it has been observed that insensitive reference has been given to the security forces, who fight day and night sacrificing being with their family, all leisure and constantly living under the hail of gunfire, with the usage of the statement"40 crpf jawans killed"instead of"40 crpf jawans martyred". The hindu is a reputed edition of daily newspaper and considering the fact that it is a national daily, such kind of insensitivity is least expected from it. This was also noticed on 18/02/19, monday's edition of the newspaper wherein"peerzada ashiq" of srinagar, fails to convey his sentiments towards our armed forces. Know this clearly that it is because of their presence in the hostile regions that gives you the right and freedom to report whatever you want freely. I urge you to not take this freedom for granted, it comes with a hefty price, which none o[censored]s have the guts to pay, but only our soldiers, the real brave hearts who protect the integrity and sovereignty of the nation at all costs. Hence it is also our duty to uphold the maximum respect for them, and not be insensitive towards the forces. To evolve as a nation, we ought to first respect and give credits to our armed forces and their families, only then all our combined efforts would help make this great nation prosper. I urge you to correct the errors and be aware and conscious of the sensitivity of the people towards the nation.
                Feb 18, 2019

The Hindu customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
                Complaint no A219112, i have been waiting for almost 5 month getting my refund, till now nothing could happen, called so many times to customer, area executive, no body responding properly, they are making fool of every one, irresponsible answers and fake commitments,

I have active subscription from[protected] to[protected] and i had renewed it online. I was getting paper till last monday...
                  The hindu has been subscribed annually and renewed online. The subscription was renewed in january 2019 (Subscription no [protected])...
                  I subscribe to hindu on yearly basis. My subscription was renewed during the month of november 2018. Request you to dis continue...
                  I have paid the subscription (Renewal @ rs.1200) for business line for one year to be effective from 01.11.2018. I did receive...
                  Mr. Sampath kumar of kavi bharathi vidyalaya, thiruvottiyur
                  Chennai got 38th rank in centa tpo in middle school science.br...

I have recently subscribed for "The Hindu" daily news paper. Subscription starts from January 1st 2019, From January 11th to till date I haven't received The Hindu daily newspaper. I have raised multiple complaints with The Hindu customer care, but till now no action has been taken. Below I am copying the service request numbers.

On January 14th 2019 I have raised first complaint - The Service request number is A324383. The hindu called me back after a week and said they resolved the issue. But it was not resolved.
                  On January 21st 2019 I have raised another complaint- The Service request number is A327684. The hindu called me again and says they have resolved the issue. But I have not received a single copy.

Below are my subscription details :
                  Hindu Reference ID : W20181220ESUB7110

Request you to kindly look into this issue and resolve it as early possible.

Jinu
                  Jan 27, 2019

The Hindu customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Dear sir, you are requested to ensure delivery of the same at the earliest as i am still waiting anxiously to receive my first...