Related Times Of India reviews
View all 2740 Times Of India Reviews
Times Of India — Issue one of the recently published photo of TOI Tiger tale winning entry.
I write to bring forward a fraudulent photo entry at your recent TOI's My tiger tales contest.
- article published on 20th July 2023
- published by Pratip Banerjee
- link for the article in question
- the second winning entry in this contest, tagged as ' Fierce hunter: Taruna Mathur' actually belongs to a well-known wildlife photographer Mr Harsha Narasimhamurthy. In this photo, one can clearly see the watermark of the original photographer if looked closely around the region of the antlers of the dead deer being carried in the tiger's mouth.
- kindly remove this photo from the winning entry or give due credit and recognition to the original owner of the photograph and not some fraudulent who resorts to stealing someone else's property for participating in a contest. This just shows the lack of ethics in this contestant as well as the lackadaisicalness of the compiler in his inability to have properly scrutinized each photo to validate its authenticity. This is least expected from a well-reputed paper like TOI and it must do better!
I have also attached the photo in question with this form. In this picture, one can clearly see the watermark of the copyright owner and the original photographer of this picture.
Was this information helpful?