Travel Triangle — fraud by travel triangle and journey routers agent, denying to give refund

Holiday Triangle Travel Private Limited Address: Plot No - 29 , 3rd & 4th Floor, Dynamic House, Maruti Industrial Complex, Sector 18, Gurugram -122015,Haryana, India
 Vicky R on May 5, 2020
Hello Team,

I had booked a Thailand package from travel triangle from Journey Routers agent on 13th Jan 2020. I paid 2 instalments of Rs. 69, 400 till 27 Feb 2020. Before paying 3rd and last instalment as corona virus was spreading in Thailand as a precautionary measures i decided to cancel my trip even the agent said that he will charge 20% amount as cancellation charge.

I went ahead and cancelled my package on 27th Feb, and as per their policy refund applicable was 49, 200 and they said it would be credited in 7 working days. More than 7 working days passed and i did not got any refund. Instead i got another email stating that the refund timing is revised to 15-20 days.

Later again 15-20 working days passed but there was no update on my refund. Then i got below email on 26th April i.e. 2 months after my booking cancellation:

"Kindly Note that due to Financial standstill especially to the tourism industry we are forced to change the Cancellation/refund policies under the current scenario under force majeure

In View of Same, we shall Provide a Credit Note against cash refund which you can use within 18 Months For any Type of Travel (Domestic/International)

Cash Refunds not been made with the aforesaid prevailing situation."

HOW CAN A COMPANY CHANGE ITS CANCELLATION POLICY WHENEVER THEY WANT?

I had paid in cash how can they give me refund in credits which i do not need as i dont have any travel plans in next 18 months. I had spent 69k for this which is not a small amount. And i had cancelled my vacation too much before that this corona pandemic had entered India. Refund policy for me should be applicable that was at the time of booking. And that refund policy was REFUND WITHIN 7 WORKING DAYS.

I contacted them many times for cash refund but they are not at all agreeing to give me cash refund. Why? Its my hard earned money and I WANT MY MONEY BACK.

The agent assigned to me by Travel Triangle was Charu Sharma who did not ever replied to my messages even being online and avoided my chats. Is this service you get after paying 69k amount?

I am attaching few screenshots of conversations. I need my money back soon. Its been 2.5 months since i cancelled my trip. Hope to get my money back soon.

Booking ID - 6874537
Booking Date - 13 Jan 2020
Travel Agent Details - Journey Router

Thanks & Regards,
Vikram.

fraud by travel triangle and journey routers agent, denying to give refund

[May 06, 2020] Travel Triangle customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Travel Triangle Customer Care's response May 06, 2020
Hello Vicky,

We are sorry to hear about your experience. We have made a note of your concern and are working on it now. We assure you that we will provide a resolution soon.

Aditi | Team TravelTriangle
Travel Triangle Customer Care's response May 06, 2020
Hey Vikram,

It is unfortunate that you couldn't take this trip with us. Please note that as per the cancellation policy mentioned in the invoice, the best possible resolution has already been offered to you. We'd be glad if you would accept the same.

Aditi | Team TravelTriangle
Updated by Vicky R May 10, 2020
Hi Aditi,

Can you show me the cancellation policy where it is mentioned that the refund will be given in credits and not in bank account. Kindly share me link of that cancellation policy. Mine invoice cancellation policy clearly mentions refund within 7-10 days in bank account.

I am already in process to share a legal notice to you. Kindly respond to it when recieved.

Vikram.
Updated by Vicky R May 10, 2020
Also its been 2 months and 13 days today after my cancellation request but still i have not got any refund.
Updated by Vicky R Jun 24, 2020
Dear Consumer Complaints & Travel Triangle,

Do you have any update on my complaint yet or not ? No one has contacted me since months.

Waiting for reply soon.

Plot No -29 , 3rd & 4th Floor Dynamic House, Maruti Industrial Complex Sector 18, Gurgaon, Haryana, India - 122015
    Travel Triangle - fraud by travel triangle and journey routers agent, denying to give refund