[Resolved] Volkswagen India — vw service centers are not issuing me spare parts

rahulbmandhare on Dec 17, 2018

I have purchase vw polo petrol 1.2 ltr in june 2015. Currently my car is clocked approx.48000 km. After purchasing car i have installed cng in my car due to my personal requirements for which i was aware that my car warranty will be lapsed. Recently my car is suddenly broke down and i contacted vidyut motors service center, pune from where i brought my car. I told them that my car is broke down and also informed them that i have installed cng kit in it. They advised me to bring the car to service center by towing. After taking car to service center service advisor asked me to leave a car for 2 day to inspect. After 2 day when i contacted him again he told me that we cannot repair car as cng kit is installed (Service advisor-nikhil pisal mob no-[protected]). Unfortunately i have again towed my car back to home as it was not in running condition. After some investigation i found root cause of car breakdown that ignition coil of cylinder-1 was damaged. As vw service center was not repairing my car due to cng fitting i asked them to issue me ignition coil over the counter so that i can personally change it but they refused to issue me spare part over the counter without car.

Below are my complaints which i expect to be answered as vw customer:
1) how the ignition coil can be damage of new car in just 48000 km (Or in 3 years) which are supposed to long last up to 1, 00, 000 km?
2) i am aware that i have installed cng kit in my car and my car warranty is lapsed. Even after that if vw service centers were did regular servicing's then why cant they fix issues like this?
3) even if they cant fix the issues like breakdown due to cng kit installation why they cant issue vw spare parts over the counter to the customer to fix their problems on their own?

I have already lost my rs 4000 for towing my car to service center and back without any fixes by service center. Also they forced me to pay rs 413 bill for doing nothing.

How can volkswagen and their authorized service centers trap their customers? If you cant provide me concrete solution to my problem then in future i wont go for vw products and will also advised others as well.

Awaiting for response.
Complaint marked as Resolved Jan 28, 2019

[Dec 17, 2018] Volkswagen India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Volkswagen India Customer Care's response, Dec 19, 2018
Greetings from Volkswagen Passenger Cars!

This is in reference to your complaint received through Consumer complaint website addressed to Volkswagen Group Sales India Pvt. Ltd.

We request you to please share your Car registration no and Contact number, in order to enable us to address your Query/Concern.

Assuring you of our best services always.

Yours sincerely,
Customer Care
Volkswagen Passenger Cars India
For Enquiries/ Complaints[protected]
For Road Side Assistance[protected] /[protected]
E-mail customer.care@volkswagen.co.in.
Website www.volkswagen.co.in

+91 22 3313 7000 [Corp Office]
    4th Floor, Silver Utopia, Cardinal Gracious Road, Chakala, Andheri East, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India - 400099
    Volkswagen India - vw service centers are not issuing me spare parts