Western Union Complaints & Reviews

1.3
Last updated Sep 20, 2022

File a complaint to Western Union

Having problems with Western Union?

File a complaint and get it resolved by Western Union customer care. It’s quick effective and absolutely free!

Western Union

Western Union Phone Numbers

Toll free
1600 441 851

View more phone numbers

Western Union reviews & complaints(65)

I made a payment of 606145.76 to transfer pounds to uk.

MTCN :[protected]

The money is stuck at wu stating they have refunded amt. Its been over 5 days and funds have not hit my account yet.

Irresponsible customer sevice. Made a huge mistake trusting western union.
Sep 20, 2022
Updated by ShashiKMadiraju
Can someone please help me get my money back.

Please avoid western union. The nodal officers emails on the website are useless. NOT EVEN AN ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF COMPLAINT.

I had transferred money to my daughter at U.S. and even after four days, the money was not received by my daughter in U.S. When I traced MCTN number on their website it showed that the money is already transferred and waiting for the receiving bank to confirm. But when I spoke to their CUSTOMER Care person who disgustingly does not provide their name but only ID No. 174 that the money will be transferred today and my daughter can receive it only on 4th August. This means that the details on their website against MCTN is bogus. They are enjoying interest on our hard earned money for four days and then they transfer after enjoying interest. DO NOT DO ANY TRANSACTION WITH WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER THEY ARE A FRAUD.. The ### reply that they give is that it is their internal information. They do not disclose the details of their higher ups. bloody cowards and interest eaters.

I made a transaction to send money from Australia to Egypt MTCN: [protected] on 26/07/2022. The receiver went to collect the money, but was told the system has issues and cannot access details and was asked to wait for a while. After approaching the agent again, the receiver was told the money was already cashed.

The receiver complained and filed a case number:[protected] in Egypt and I filed another complaint no:[protected]. I made numerous phone calls, but was told the case is under investigation and will take up to 20 business days.

The system is slow and pathetic. I do not know if the money will be lost for ever, but I do not recommend Western Union and will not use it at all in the future.
      Aug 01, 2022
      Updated by Wagdy Elgeezawy

Hi Team,

I am an new western union agent started the service from 16.06.2022, my agent code: 390, Account No:AR6066691

I am writing a complaint with a concern about removing my western union agent services.
        Nitin Malhotra (Western Union Sales Executive) has come into my store this morning and stated that Western Union will be removing me as an agent, reason being that I am providing another money transfer...

I sent money to BCA Jakarta I have told western union they have given me a bank reference but they say me I have to call the bank I am Australian so we have a problem understanding each other
        The money had my daughters name on it she does not have a account with any Indonesia bank so it should of been returned
        Can you help
        Maggie Langley

MTCN transaction number: [protected]

This is a response from Western union after my transaction. I had to send money urgently to my daughter but they will return the money after 2-7 days.
          Poor service and customer experience

"Also, as we have reviewed your details with our team, we regret to inform you that due to the technical issue, you won't be able to remit any future money transactions with Western Union"

I transfer my money from Hong Kong to Australia. Western Union keep giving me multiple MTCN and it still not able to get the money in Australia. Incident number[protected] was raised and it is the 20 days now and still not get resolved.

Western Union case number[protected]
              Tracking # (MTCN):[protected]

I had transferred 250, 000 INR from India to Philippines. The receiver was to get 171717.48 PHP in their Bank of Philippines Islands bank account. After a few hours I got a confirmation that the receiving bank has rejected it. Upon calling customer care in India, I am told that the reason for rejection of transfer at the receiving end can only be confirmed...

There is a major bug in the money transfer calculation. TCS should be max 5% of the transfer. However the WU system calculates at a much higher rate, even more than 1000%. This is because it recharges TCS for all prior transactions even when charged. Although the bug has been highlighted to WU the issue remains unresolved for 3 weeks.
              Dec 7, 2022
              Accepted by it so ok

ชื่อ Oranut Amwong ทำรายการไปหลายวันแล้ว แต่western ไม่อนุมัติให้สักที จำเป็นจะต้องใช้ มันนานมากแล้ว

The executive over here is speaking on phone while the customers are waiting in queue for more than 20 mins

Refer to[protected],
                    It is requested to re generate certificate of wumts for boha post office. Wumt software is not working at Boha post office pin 151503
                    Distt mansa punjab. Also reset password.

[protected]@indiapost.gov.in

BAD SERVICE, NEVER AGAIN !!! Customer service just try to make you stupid, kicking you from one operator to another operator just to hold your money away from you as long as possible. Hard to get cancel transaction and get your money back to you. Takes almost 2 weeks to get my money back to me. I had to call in Trenton for complain to get same result. BE AWARE !!!

Please refer to my telephonic conversation with your senior executive on 25 Nov 21customer care executive at 1550 hrs on 07 Nov 21, the WU is still levying 5% tax TCS on the transaction made on 25 Nov 21 at 2:30 pm midnight.
                        There is not a single successful transaction made by me on WU in this financial year. This can be seen and verified from the screenshot of Send Money "History" taken from your website....

Inspite of speaking and mailing to the customer care supervisor many times my matter has not been resolved till date, It is not once earlier in the month of July similar incident happened and that was also not resolved .Please look into the matter as soon as possible as I’m facing problems while paying the fees of my son to is studying in Australia!

I got a payment from Thailand on[protected]. When i visited the sore the person said i haven't permission to withdraw the foreign payment.The payment can be withdrawn only if your relative send you the payments.
                          After that i called western Union customer care they said they will provide the payment within 72hrs. After 72hrs i called them again they again said you have to wait for 48hrs. They not called me .If they cant withdraw my payment then why they are wasting my time. They wasted my one week in the hope that they will withdraw my payment.today is[protected]
                          Dec 02, 2021
                          Updated by Jaicky Kumar
                          I called them today they are again saying to wait.
                          Why no one helping me.

My dear sir/Madam
                            Most respect fully I beg to say that I send money to one of my friend to Pakistan but the western union hold the money from 4 days the need recover information ID DOB citi country I send every thing what the want but the still hold my money the did not send and did not refund this money for poor people charity the people is hungry every month I send the same name I don't know why the hold if there is some problem why the send before the same person I have 5 years record that I send money to the same person I need your help.
                            Khanzada Alam 46753 WINCHESTER DR sterling va 20164 ph [protected]

Dear Team,
                              First let me introduce myself.. This is "Rashid Ali Ansari'' i belong to India, but still living in Jordan last 02 year.

i would like to share my problem with you i was sent to money India by western union on dated 11/07/2021.
                              i don't know what happened with this transferred amount still have not received. i checked the status but this showing "under progress" i want to take my all amount return as soon as possible.
                              So pls do the needful and see the below MTCN no. for your ref..
                              MTCN-[protected]

Thanks & Regards
                              Rashid Ali Ansari
                              Nov 10, 2021
                              Dear Team, I always sent money by western Union through of agent see the below agent details for your ref.. (Jordan Valley Exchange, BLDG Clusters ST Sadam Hussein, Landmark Industrial Clusters City.) before i didn't faced any kind of issues by western Union but now its really very disappointed to me. i already complained to agent but now i didn't get reply from there.. so now i am taking this action hope you will understand my situation and help me as i requested... and pls advise me for taking action for my next step.. and i have not received any kind of email call from western union regarding this issues. So pls check and take the action as soon as possible and give the positive reply. Thanks & Regards Rashid
                              Western Union customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
                              To
                              Consumer complaints (Western Union)

Its really very disappointed and such a very bad service provide by Western Union.
                              i am troubling last 04 to 05 days to until now but still i didn't get any kind of reply from western union. i already complaints to here also but now i didn't get any response in my favor. pls advise me what should i do the my next step to take my money and now i can't quite its enough to check my patient.

Pls help to resolve the my issues as soon as possible.

Thanks & Regards
                              Rashid

My friend Becky william from UK had sent GBP 10, 000 thro you on 28th of September 2021 in my Name Amolak Ram Khullar M [protected]

i got a call of Monica Sharma from Mob no [protected] on 29th Sept. asking me to pay Rs18500 as transaction fee thro SBI account provided by her.

To this i quoted to her your policy of making payment wherein it is clearly laid down that...

'Beneficiaries won't be charged to receive money thro Trsnsfast- the charges and fees will be taken out the total money sent by the sender'.

i regret till date, my payment of GBP10, 000 is still on hold and not yet credited to my local bank account.

Needless to say this amount was transferred keeping in mind the urgency for personal reasons.

It shall be appreciated if quick action is taken in the matter and my money on hold be released immediately.

Thanking you,

Amolak Ram Khullar
                                M [protected]
                                Western Union customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I sent the money dated sept 11 and showing delivered to my bank account sept. 13. But as of sept. 18, the money is not yet reflecting to my account. Called thr bank several times and says there is no pending remittance as of sept. 18 and advise me to call western union. Called western union and said it was already delivered on my bank account dated sept. 13 and there is nothing that they can do....