[Resolved] Whirlpool India — horrible after sale service - issued in public interest

Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, India
 realreviews1 on Aug 13, 2019
HORRIBLE AFTER-SALE SERVICE - This post is written in public interest -

I usually do not write bad reviews about a product or a service as most companies usually correct themselves based on feedback and personal review offered with the benefit of the doubt. Whirlpool's customer service however, is consistently bad! Dreadful is the right word choice to be accurate.

I have a double door refrigerator that had been working well. Due to usual wear and tear I would say, the refrigerator stopped cooling all of a sudden. I called up the Whirlpool Customer Care helpline at [protected] to register a complaint. This was my first complaint on August 1, and the engineer visited on August 2. After examining the machine, he concluded the sensor was faulty and had to be replaced, in addition he convinced me to buy a voltage stabilizer to safeguard the machine against erratic voltage fluctuations. Point to be noted here is that the refrigerator had been working great for 9 years, without a voltage stabilizer. The engineer requested to turn the machine back on after 2 hours and it should be working fine. To my surprise, the problem remained! There was no cooling. But I gave it another day hoping for a miracle.

Within a couple of days, I called the care helpline again to get the complaint reopened since it was not fully resolved. The engineer came the next day, and examined the faulty fridge. Once again, he concluded that the sensor was faulty! When I informed him of the sensor replacement by the previous engineer, he mentioned "sometime the company sends a faulty product by mistake and the past engineer might not have checked for any faults." I quickly realized that the engineers working for Whirlpool were incompetent. However, he changed the sensor once again and left. I turned the fridge back on after a couple hours and it was still not functioning like it used to.

By this time I realized three things: 1. the sensor may not have been the root-cause for failure. 2. the voltage stabilizer was an up-sell and not really needed. 3. I could have been scammed here!

Given the issue still at hand, I called the helpline again and expressed my discontent at the level of service provided by a company as reputed as Whirlpool! This was on August 10, and today August 13 - I have been given false assurances of an engineer visiting soon to resolve all my problems at the earliest, BUT neither have I received a call to schedule a visit nor has the engineer visited.

To add to this, the Ghaziabad area supervisor (what I understood based on his explanation) Ashok Sikka, also made empty promises of service, and lied about call backs. BAD CHOIDE FOR A SUPERVISOR in my opinion!

In conclusion, it has been 2 weeks since my refrigerator is down, I have paid Rs.4000 towards service and part replacement, the problem still persists! I would not recommend anyone to buy a Whirlpool product in India (atleast Delhi NCR region) given the absence of after sales service.

Thanks!
Complaint marked as Resolved Oct 28, 2019

[Aug 14, 2019] Whirlpool India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Whirlpool India Customer Care's response, Sep 03, 2019
Dear Team,

We are working on the customer's concern and will share you the further updates shortly.

Whirlpool Support.
Whirlpool India Customer Care's response, Sep 23, 2019
Dear Customer,

Our service team tried to contact customer but couldn't get through since long. Hence, we are closing this complaint.

Whirlpool Support