Zoom Car — falsely & unfair charging of fine

Mumbai, Mumbai City District, Maharashtra, India
 govinda03 on Jul 10, 2019
Dear Team,

This is regarding booking Id JPS6B5YJ8.
Firstly, we booked Tata hexa but zoomcar people changed the car in last hour to mahindra marazzo, please note that this could be their strategy to provide faulty car and make money from customer.

When we took off the car, we felt that the gear shift is not as smooth as it should be. After around 80kms it became too hard to shift the gear & eventully the car stopped accelerating.

In the middle of our journey, we somehow managed to park the car roadside & searched for a mechanic only to realise that the clutch plate of the car is completely broken. Mahindra Marrazo is a newly launched model & a clutch plate cannot break in a normal 80kms drive.

In the middle of nowhere, rotting under the sun all this while we were continuously trying to reach zoomcar customer care & it took them 5-6 hours to and yet no decent help. We were told that a taxi with free 50 kms will be provided but didn’t get it on time. I was also told that a full or partial refund will be provided, but instead now they are charging 7k extra for the damage.

So around 7-8 hours we were with their broken car, stranded in the middle of nowhere, with no proper help. We had to stay on waiting for 20-30 minutes on customer line only to hear that I’ll get a call after 10 minutes & like this 6 hours went by. Their toll truck also couldn’t reach on time.

Lastly we somehow managed to get a customer executive to lock the car (with key inside), by their centralised system remotely. We parked the car at roadside nearby a hotel, from where their toll truck took it away later.

Instead of charing me 7K as penality, I want answer on my spoiled trip, wasted 6 hours stranded in nowhere. We had to book from a local cab from there at a very unreasonable price only to not spoil our trip which was caused by Zoomcar.

My points are mentioned below:

1) I have recording of our initial telephonic conversation when vehicle stopped working in which they have told that they will refund the amount.

2) Zoomcar also told to pay the fare of taxi for 50KM from the location where car it stopped. I did not get any cab on time or money for it.

3) we have also refiled the diesel of amount 1000 but haven't got the refund for that.

4) I also want to mention you that this was booked during a heavy discount period. And last moment car change, all this doesn’t seem very fare.

I request you to take this up & help me dealing with zoomcar in a fare manner.

Thanks!

falsely & unfair charging of fine

[Jul 11, 2019] Zoom Car customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Updated by govinda03, Jul 10, 2019
Let me know if you need any more documents from my side
Zoom Car Customer Care's response, Jul 16, 2019
Hello Govinda,

Greetings!

We understand your disappointment here. We see that the charges are appropriately levied on the booking. We are sorry to inform, we will be unable to reverse the damage charges levied on the booking. Hoping for your kind understanding in this regard.

Guru Kiran
Updated by govinda03, Jul 16, 2019
You are telling that your car was totally in good condition we drove 70-80 KM and clutch plate got damaged.
Dear sir if we have booked 10 car from zoomcar and many other from other vendors, drove all around 200-400 KM and dropped all cars in same condition as it was earlier (you can see my booking history)
Then you must have to agree the point that your car was also faulty.(and also why you people have changed the car from HEXA to Marazzo)

what about the other points we have mentioned, for your kind attention we are mentioning that again:

Hope you understand our concern.

Govinda
Zoom Car Customer Care's response, Jul 17, 2019
Hello Govinda,

We understand your concern here. The charge has been levied only after the proper inspection, the charge levied is valid. We regret we will not be able to do much in this case.

Ramya
Updated by govinda03, Jul 22, 2019
After requesting again on comments to give the clarification of the points which I have mentioned, you are ignoring those points. Which proves that you have some fault, otherwise you should have given the clarification for all the points.

That's why I am spreading my word across social media and all the possible platform to let the people like us know, how you fool common people and make money

Zoom Car - falsely & unfair charging of fine