Zoom Car — penalised for no fault of mine | accident

Incident detail:
I was heading towards Kolar from Bengaluru in extreme right lane..
The bus in question was facing the same direction in the extreme left lane but wasn't moving.
The bus made a sudden U turn, with no signal.
I saw the bus turning, applied brakes, speed got reduced to around 30-40km/hr but later brakes had no effect to reduce speed further...
With very less time left to impact, I had to turn the vehicle towards left to avoid collision and ended up hitting the tail part of bus...

Issue:
- The vehicle had SRS airbag which didn't get deployed.
- The break failure
( Have police report, video and pictures to support the above )

I told the Zoomcar team to analyse the car for its brake efficiency then get back to me.

I got a call today informing that the damage report says "I was travelling 100+ km/hr and the speed became 0 after impact. Hence I never applied brakes."
This shows the how faulty the report is. Had I hit the bus at 100Km/hr the damage would have been devastating not just the bonnet damage(see the images attached). The executive denied to send me the damage report too and told me to pay the charges or face legal proceedings with per day interest of 18%.

Now, For an accident which was caused due to no fault of mine, I am expected to pay an amount without even seeing the report.

Ref: JPS6237RE
Attachments:
- Police report
- Vehicle images
- Video of public scolding the bus driver for his negligence.

penalised for no fault of mine | accident

[Mar 20, 2018] Zoomcar customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Updated by zahiritpro Mar 19, 2018
Update1:
Additional info:
- Zoomcar representative asks me to get the police letter but not FIR (conversation screenshot attached).
- Zoomcar insurance representative asks me not to mention about airbags and breaks in police report to assist them claim insurance (conversation screenshot attached).
- There was no assistance provided after impact other than a executive asking us to wait till the tow vehicle reaches the spot (Which took 3hrs to reach). No alternate vehicle assistance too.

Updated by zahiritpro Mar 27, 2018
Update 2: Legal notice...

Complaint comments  Add a Comment     Updated: ShareTweet